Chapter 9: That Red Porch

Chapter 9 – That Red Porch

The advertisements for the movie went out. And I'm not talking just a couple more bus benches, I mean all the advertisements were released. Billboards, ads on buses, ads online, commercials and the trailer hit the theaters. I mean we were getting close to end filming so it makes sense the trailer would come out right about now. But I swear day that shit dropped, at school it was intense. People who I have said maybe two words too my entire high school experience were like "Hi Alyssa!" "Omg! You're staring in the movie?" "I never knew you were actress?" "Since when do you act?" "How the hell did she do that?"

So much. It was so much of that. People on the streets were even staring at me funny. I was walking Robbie to school at like 7:30 in morning with early morning fog and my hoodie up, and still somehow someone recognized me. It was crazy! They asked for a photo it was pretty funny. I'm not gonna lie I liked the attention. But who wouldn't? Gosh I felt like Amber.

Oh Amber. I thought of her as so perfect. We were walking to that little café like we always did to get our cheesy fries and a Dr. Pepper. We made our way out of the gate of Paramount studios. I playfully shoved into her and she did it back. We were smiling now, each getting a second long glimpse of each other each time we bumped shoulders. Our hands touched and then our fingers met and we locked hands. I pulled her closer to me about to kiss her.

She back away. "Alyssa what are you doing?" "Uhh, what does it look I'm trying to do?" I joked nervously. She sighed with more a serious tone on her face. "I'm sorry it's just with the whole movie going on this could really blow up and attract a lot of attention. Look I-I just don't know how I'm supposed to-" "Ambs. Don't worry it's ok. I get it." I stroked the back of her hand with my thumb. "You don't need to explain." She smiled at me with those big blue eyes of hers. Her blonde hair softly blew in the light yellow wind. She looked down and up at my lips. Three times. "Gosh I want to kiss you right now." She looked at me so kindly.

"Your long brown hair just flowing in the wind like that, skin so tanned and smooth. You look flawless." She ran her hand threw my hair and traced her finger down to my lips. I was blushing so much. "You're so sweet."

We continued walking down the sidewalk, bumping shoulders, hands slightly touching each other but not definitely not holding. We were literally down the street I don't know how this happened. But a TMZ tourist bus who was taking tourists sightseeing pulled up out front as we got there. Immediately they recognized Amber and then from all the billboards around Hollywood they knew who I was too. So many effing photos. Ambs and I were just trying to smile and wave as made our way into the café. But little did we know when we got inside the café it would be just as hectic.

People in there recognized us too! Like what the hell! It would have taken us like the usually ten minutes to get our food but instead it took us like thirty. Once a couple people wanted a photo more people started staring and then were like, "Oh shoot I know them!" Wow that was so much! Amber and I were pretty much laughing to ourselves on the way back! Eating our orange fries under the yellow sun. It was a crazy life. But a beautiful one.

We went back in the old sound stage, that creaky set. The tall beige and purple buildings hung over head, the windows that led to nothing, the doors that led to nowhere, vintage street lamps stood proud, the set looking like a polaroid from out past, yet our feet clicked as we went across that grey cobblestone road.

Amber then shouted at the top of her lungs: "Oh Roselake! I love you!" She held the Dr. Pepper up to the roof of the warehouse. "No people! No photos! Nothing!" I giggled at her comment. "I wish we could live in here!" I joked. She set down the drink on that road. She reached out her delicate flower like hand and slipped her fingers into mine, she pulled me in closer, rested her gentle forehead onto mine. Under the dim lighting, we were just two dark silhouettes kissing in some random street. As if we didn't care who saw. But that wasn't our reality. This was a set and we couldn't be open about us.