three

"Please let me go" I sobbed as the man brought me into his arms tightly, pulling my head to where I couldn't move it out of his chest.

"Breathe." He whispered, holding my body as tight to him as he could.

I stopped fighting his grip as soon as I heard the gun shot.

I went limp in the mans arms, sobbing into him.

that was my dad.

"Well- we got that out of the way" the voice of the murderer spoke.

The man holding me stroked my hair gently, rocking as subtly as he could.

"Listen to my heart, just focus on the sound of my heart" he spoke- never letting me go, not for a second.

I heard footsteps that soon stopped close to us, making the man holding me stop and of his movements, he just kept his firm hold on my body.

"Make her look at me" He spoke.

"If she sees her dad right now, that'll traumatize her for life." The male spoke, earning a laugh from the murderer.

"You don't think shes already traumatized?"

"She's not looking at you- not right now" He spoke firmly.

"You're going to end up like her dad." He spoke, just as I heard the click of a gun.

"Stop" I panicked immediately, coming up from the mans chest with a gasp.

The murderer had blood on him- what I automatically assumed as my father's blood.

I couldn't hear my dad- but I didn't dare look.

The man stared to my face, I kept the straightest face I could muster.

"Stand" He spoke simply, grabbing my arm.

"Please don't" I cried out, fighting against his grip as the man held me tightly.

"Leave her alone- don't you think she's been through enough?" The man holding me yelled out, trying his hardest to get infront of me.

"I'm sick of you people" the man spat out- firing the gun straight at the man, making him immediately fall back with a little yell, everyone in the bank remaining silent.

The murderer walked away and I went straight to the stranger, looking at the blood gushing from his shoulder,

I panicked, taking off my jacket and quickly throwing it over the mans shoulder, holding pressure, which made him groan, making me quickly pull away.

"No- no, ignore me- you need to put pressure" the man spoke, making me push my hands right back into place.

I heard banging on the front door followed by a loud "police"

"You're going to be okay" I whispered to the man.

"Keep putting pressure, please don't stop" He almost begged.

"I won't, I promise." I spoke.

His hand held my arm, as if making sure I would keep it there.

I turned to look to my dad- to see if there was any hope.

What I saw almost immediately made me sick

The whole top of his skull was blown out, blood everywhere- his face barely identifiable

"Stop looking" the man spoke, squeezing my wrist gently

"He wouldn't want you to see that"

I swallowed the lump in my throat, looking to him

"You can not die- please don't die" I spoke to him, seeing his eyes meet mine.

"What's your name?"