fifteen

I woke up with a gasp- immediately thinking I was in the bank- expecting my dad to get shot.

But I was in a bed, sweating, tears streaming down my face.

I took a deep breath, throwing the sheets off of me, closing my eyes and seeing what I remembered of my dads dead body

And that's when I felt sick

I ran to the closest bathroom, hitting my knees at the toilet and immediately throwing up- trying to stay quiet due to the later hour, but I knew I failed when I felt my hair get taken out of my own grip.

"Slow down, breathe in and out"

Once I finally felt better, I flushed, feeling Calum quickly wipe my mouth with a wet rag before swiftly touching a thermometer to my forehead.

"I'm not sick" I spoke quietly, staying on my knees at the toilet, watching him focus completely to me.

"No fever, do you feel bad?" He asked me, squatting to be eye level with me.

"It's just- dreams" I spoke simply, hoping he'd understand what I meant.

I was it register on his face.

"You see your dad?" He asked me, making me slowly nod, feeling the tears come into my eyes.

"Just- his head" I covered my face at the thought of what I saw- and what I continually see.

"He's really gone" I spoke after a moment, feeling my voice crack.

Calum immediately sat, pulling me into his lap, holding me into his chest, making me immediately break down into tears.

"I wasn't supposed to bury my dad this young" I cried into him.

"You weren't." Calum agreed quietly.

"It's all my fault- I should've made him let me go" I sobbed out.

"No- princess, don't say that." Calum spoke sternly.

"You were not behind the gun- you tried to stop your dad from going to him, but I promise you, your dad would've made that decision a hundred times rather than having to watch that man do anything to you." Calum spoke to me.

After a few moments I wasn't crying anymore, just sniffing into his chest- trying not to get the hiccups.

I felt him shift lightly- and I thought he was standing to leave me, making me quickly grab him

"Don't leave me" I spoke oddly fast, seeing him grab my face gently.

"I'm not leaving you, you never have to worry about me leaving you."