six

"Okay, so- I have some clothes in my office, they'll be almost huge on you, but you have dried blood on your clothes- so it's better than nothing" Luke mumbled, leading me down a hallway.

We went into what I assumed was his office and he searched for a moment before finding me a few items, putting them into my hands.

"You can change in here, I'll guard the door and more sure no one comes in."

"Thank you" I surprised myself at the words- seeing the smallest smile come to his face.

I quickly changed into his clothes, tying the string on the sweatpants tighter to hold them up, opening the door after.

Him and I walked to a random room, sitting in it- waiting.

I closed my eyes, watching everything go down second after second.

I opened my eyes as I heard Luke speak

"W- how did Calum get shot?" He asked slowly.

I suddenly felt every emotion hit me

My dad was surely dead
Calum might die because of me
I walked away not injured
Two bad things over me

"It's- it- my fault" I struggled to even form a sentence, feeling tears freely falling down my cheeks.

"Don't cry- relax" Luke almost panicked, running to my side of the table, pulling me into a gentle hug.

"I think my dad's dead" I cried into him

"And Calum might die because he was protecting me- he can't die- please don't let him die" I sobbed out, gasping for air.

"Hey- hey, no- Relax. It's no ones fault besides the one who was behind the gun." He spoke, wiping my tears.

"Calum was fine and alert- he'll pull through, I don't think he even needs surgery" he continued.

Just as I went to speak- the door swung open, making me jump.

Four police almost invaded the room, making Luke stand in front of me.

"What's going on-" "we just need a statement from all the victims as to what happened." One spoke firmly.

"She's not stable enough to give you a statement yet- I'm requiring that she speaks to our Therapist first." He spoke firmly.

"I'm sorry, but who are you to tell the police when we can talk to a victim and when we can't-" "I'm Doctor Luke Hemmings, head of the cardiovascular surgery department, I keep the entire north wing of this hospital running and I bring in enough profit in one day to pay your house note for a year, so yeah, I'm telling you that you cannot speak to my patient until I feel that she is ready." Luke spat- clearly pissed.

I felt the need to clap?

"Give us a call as soon as possible" the man spoke, handing him a card, making Luke nod firmly before watching them leave.

Luke looked to me, sitting in front of me.

"You're in charge of everything as of now- once Calum wakes up we're going to talk to him and we'll figure out exactly what to do, okay?" Luke spoke

"Okay"