thirty two

Calum.

Over the next few hours she went in and out of light sleep.

Every time she woke up, we made her drink to see if she would be able to eat dinner.

"Okay, still want pizza?" I asked once she had finally finished two bottles of water successfully.

"Yes please" she spoke timidly.

So we ordered pizza

And when it came- she was wide awake and you'd swear she could run a mile.

"So pizza is the way to make you recover quickly?" Ashton asked as she sat up by herself without pain, her and Michael getting comfortable side by side.

And we all watched Hotel Transylvania and ate pizza.

Soon it was eleven, and Paige was cuddled up to a pillow, Ashton checking her stitches as she slowly fell asleep.

"Tired?" Ashton whispered as he covered it with a new bandaid.

She nodded slowly.

"Get some sleep pretty girl, I'm going to go check on Monroe and then I will be right back to join you."

Her eyes looked to me as she covered herself up more, a smile on her lips.

"Feeling okay?" I asked her, seeing her nod.

"Get some sleep, I'll be right here when you wake up."

Paige.

I woke up to a blood pressure cup tightening and releasing on my arm.

I groaned lightly, hearing a laugh.

"Had to make sure my girls okay" Ashton's voice whispered.

After feeling him listen to my heart and lungs, I felt him climb into bed with me, making so slightly scoot to give him more room.

He hugged me tightly, making me rest my head against him.

"what you did, was so honorable and brave. Monroe may not realize what she was asking out of you, but she's lucky that you were so compassionate to her." He whispered.

"I just didn't want her to die because of me." I mumbled, feeling him rub my back gently

"You'd be a good doctor"