thirty four

Michael.

"Why does it hurt so bad?" She asked as I took her on a walk through the halls.

"You just got a part of your organ cut out, it's not going to feel good, pretty girl." I told her quietly.

We ended up sitting outside, I watched her play with the sleeve of a sweater she was wearing.

And then I was Monroe walk out the doors with an intern.

"Let's go" I quickly spoke, gently grabbing her arm.

"What happened?" Paige asked, noticing my sudden rush as I completely disregarded her needing to walk and picked her up bridal style, carrying her at fast pace.

Once I got her inside, I set her down, exhaling.

"Thank you" she mumbled, letting me know that she saw the reason.

I held her, walking her back to her room.

"Let me check your stitches" I spoke to her as she went into the bathroom, pulling her hair into a ponytail,

She came to me, lifting her sweater, making me pull the bandage away.

There was blood.

"What the hell" I mumbled, and as I went to touch the last stitch, the whole bottom five stitches came undone in a snap, causing blood to rush out everywhere, resulting in Paige screaming and trying to get out of my grip as I held her tightly, trying not to panic as I grabbed gauze, holding it to her.

She had eight stitches and I watched five of them bust, she has three left, if I can't get her stitches in, she's going to loose too much blood.

"I need a nurse!" I yelled.

"Paige, look at me," I spoke to her panicked body as she steadily tried to get away from me, but I had her against the wall.

"Paige, I need you to lay on the floor, but you have to move slowly-" "Mikey there's so much blood" she cried- looking to her shoes- which were covered in blood almost.

"Trust me, pretty girl- I got you." I told her firmly.

Her and I worked together to get her laying on the floor.

I held constant pressure as nurses ran in and out, bringing me what I needed.

"Page Hood, Hemmings and Irwin 911"

"Okay Paige" I spoke, letting a nurse take the gauze.

"I'm going to numb you, and I have to take the rest of your stitches out and then quickly throw in new ones, so I need you to stay relaxed and keep your hands above your head." I told her, seeing her slowly nod, panicking but listening to me.

"One of you hold her hands." I spat to an intern, knowing she wasn't going to be numb completely for me to take them out and the area was so sore, it would hurt her.

I quickly numbed her, and just the shot made her cry.

"Mikey it hurts" she cried out.

"Deep breaths- where the fuck is Irwin?" I yelled to a nurse, all who didn't respond, just stayed looking to her pager,

I got them all out- having to ignore the cries from Paige,

As the stitches started, I could tell the numbing bad kicked in, but she was still in pain.

But as I finished them I let the thought cross my mind

Stitches don't just bust unless you lift heavy weight or exercise, she hasn't done either of those things today

So they had to have been loose the entire time

So someone didn't do adequate stitches