twenty

We got home, walking in- each of us holding a box- greeted by three stressed out boys.

"What the fuck- we've been calling you guys." Calum's tone came off angry.

"We went to her house to grab a few things, we left our phones in the car, she's fine" Michael dismissed it.

"Why did you not tell us you guys were going, we could've all went together." Luke spoke.

"We didn't need to go together- her and I got what she needed." He spoke simply, heading towards the stairs.

"Michael, you cant just take her and leave with her-" "why can't I?" Michael shot the question towards Ashton, and I could tell- they were all frustrated with each other.

"Shes sixteen years old and I asked her if she wanted to go and she said yes, I didn't force her, I didn't kidnap her- she's not crying, she was actually fucking happy before we walked through the door and got lectured." He spoke firmly.

"Michael it's my responsibility to keep her safe-" "you adopting her and bringing her into this house caused her to be all of our responsibility. We're all going to love her, we're all going to be here for her and want her attention at some point, you can't have it all Calum." Michael spoke slowly, trying to diminish the conversation.

"It's fine cal-" "what if you would've got in a wreck?" Calum interrupted me, making Michael's eyebrows raise.

"You know good and damn well you're just as capable of wrecking while driving her- if not more capable, I drive a fucking car that drives itself, let's not forget, but I'm done with this conversation, I expect an apology for the overreacting tomorrow." He spoke firmly, finishing his walk up the stairs.

Then the three boys turned to me, making my heart drop.

"Why didn't you come get us-" "I knew I was safe with Michael" I mumbled.

"I mean- he's just like you- he's your best friend" I spoke to Calum.

"And I think you just hurt his feelings" I finished quietly.

"His feelings aren't hurt" Calum spoke, taking the box out of my hands.

"How would you feel if it was the other way around?" I asked him.

Michael.

"How would you feel if it was the other way around?" I heard her voice say as I plugged her lava lamp in, the question making me smile.

"I just- I want to know where you are at all times-" "that's impossible Cal" she mumbled.

"Especially in the next few months, because I'll eventually go back to school and you just can't always be here to protect me, sometimes you have to trust other people to do the protecting too." She spoke, and she had a solid point.

"Okay, you're making good points" Calum exhaled.

"I'll apologize to Michael" he finished.

"Thank you, and don't argue like that again- I hated that"