sixteen

Friday
Calum.

Today was the wake, tomorrow was the funeral.

The four of us had made a schedule around her.

Each day one of us take off of work to be with her and help her with decisions that she shouldn't have to make at this age.

She had to decide what coffin was nice enough

What he was going to wear to be buried in

The flowers for the top of the casket

The plot and graveyard he would be in

And so much more that caused mental breakdowns every time we talked about it.

But today was one of the worst.

"I don't want to go Cal." She cried, ruining the make up that she had just finished.

"Sweetheart, I know it's hard." I spoke to her, sitting on the bed beside her.

I wasn't going to make her go, but I knew she'd regret it in the future if she didn't go.

"I know that your heart hurts and I know you're feeling and lot of feelings that you've never felt before, but you can get through this." I told her, standing and going into her bathroom, grabbing her make up wipes.

"Your dad is in a better place, he's pain free and he's always going to be with you, he's in your heart with you from this moment on." I told her firmly.

I watched her cry, my words not helping her much.

"Your dad wouldn't want you to be sad forever, pretty girl" I spoke, wiping her tears slowly before taking a make up wipe out, gently taking the ruined make up off of her.

"How am I supposed to be okay with out him? He was my best friend" she cried to me, holding the hand that wasn't taking her make up off.

"It's going to be hard." I told her truthfully.

"But, it's not about replacing him. He can always be your best friend, but the pain won't be this big forever." I told her, noticing her tears had stopped momentarily.

"And me, Luke, Michael and Ash are going to be here for you, we're going to make you laugh, hold you through the tears and we'll be your best friends too." I told her, seeing a small dimple come onto her cheek as I spoke.

"How's that sound?" I asked, finishing taking her make up off, throwing the wipe.

She gave me a firm nod, exhaling slowly.

"I don't think I should wear make up" she mumbled after a few minutes.

"Don't worry about it, you're beautiful without it." I spoke, moving to stand, taking her hand and making her stand with me.

"Ready to go?" I asked, seeing her exhaled.

"I can do it"