Chapter Eight

After I left Adri's saying I'd work the next day, it might sounds hypocritical that next morning I called my boss and told him I'd like to take two more days off. I was in no mood for going to work, it felt much better to wallow in self-pity, and slay monsters in an RPG.

That afternoon I spoke to Adri, and it felt so great to hear some genuine happiness in her voice. She told me that her colleagues were very supportive, and some of them even offered their help to talk this whole cheating and breaking her heart thing through with Laci. And they had a concept that a fist talks much better than any mouth can. I didn't tell her that I could've stayed at her place since I didn't go to work anyway. I couldn't say why I kept it as a secret, but I did.

My next day was identical to this one. Wallow in self-pity, monster slaying, afternoon hours of talking over the phone with Adri. She was getting better surprisingly quickly. She happily told me that two of her colleagues had hit on her. Sure, she'd rejected them, but left the chance open to them for later, when she'd be ready to move on. She was so happy, and cheerful again, and I was dying inside from receiving confirmation of what I already knew, she'd needed just a friend, and only I imagined more into her signs.

On Wednesday I finally went to work, but honestly, I was driven by one single reason. To get back on that horse, or in this case on an incredibly inhibited, damaged lesbian girl. I know, it must look like I have a thing for self-doubting girls, but that's far from the truth. Adri's only problem was her low self-esteem, Zsuzsi's problems, on the other hand, had much-much deeper roots. That made her such an easy prey, and me her douchebag Laci later. Or... was it really just later? I took advantage of her from the very first moment, and if I had something in my life that makes me disgusted in myself, that's it. Not that I cheated on one of my girlfriends, not that I've been to a swinger club with another, and not even that I once willingly submerged into deeply shady BDSM stuff with a third. This one. I've never been perfect, I made my fair share of mistakes, but the only thing I actually regretted was what I did to Zsuzsi.

Yeah, poor girl tried to resist me, but I was way more experienced than not knowing what to do and say to her to get what I wanted. At first she thought I was toying with her so I could humiliate her in front of others. Then she thought I was an adventurous straight - yeah, some lesbians think that too when they meet with not stereotypical lesbians - but in the the end she didn't think anything else than she had hit the jackpot in me. Probably the biggest delusion of these three. I mean of course, I've never doubted that I was a jackpot. I have the brains, the toughness, the looks, the humor, which are rarely there in one package, even if it meant I've rarely been the smartest, and never the most beautiful in the room... So yeah, accepting that it might make me look worse than I probably look already, I was the jackpot for anybody with whom I had the connection. But that wasn't Zsuzsi.

Our first date was on that Friday, and to tell the truth, it was quite enjoyable. She wasn't stupid, and as she slowly lost her spiky shell, her kind side started show more and more. Our evening ended with a passionate kiss in the gateway of Zsuzsi's apartment building. I did my best to play the innocent, who's looking for a lifelong relationship. She had such a great time that she proposed another date on Sunday, but I wasn't available then, cause I visited my "parents" in Budapest. Of course, by parents, I meant a 28 years old girl with shining brown eyes, but I wouldn't have ever admitted that to Zsuzsi.

This one was followed by two wonderful days with Adri. There was almost no cry, much more fun and laughter for the whole time, but in a more conservative manner than on the last weekend. No drunkenness, sleeping on each other, or anything more than simple hugs and kisses on the cheek. I did my best to accept that it was the most I could ever be to her, and just enjoy our moments together, and for the most of the time, it went quite well. This time the farewell wasn't as painful as one week earlier. Of course, it was still emotional, but much less than last time.