Chapter Ten

"You're a coward" Timi assessed as I was laying tired on her bare body.

"Why so?"

"Because after so long you still don't have the courage to confess your love to her."

"Oh, my apologies, Ms. I-let-the-other-to-use-me-as-a-rebound, I forgot you stand on a moral high ground" I said pushing my thigh to her pussy.

"The huge difference is" she said as she pushed my leg away "I know exactly what it is we have. Sorry, if it's new to you, I really adore this crazy, narcissistic package that you are" she made circles with her hand in front of my face "but I wouldn't want you for keeps."

After three months of our something-like-a-relationship with Timi, I knew her well enough not ask questions I wouldn't like the answer for, so I let this one go.

"With her it's different" I defended myself. "What good would it do if I told her what I feel? She wouldn't reciprocate it, but at least it would destroy our friendship too. It totally sounds like a great idea."

"So basically you're saying you can decide it for her if she deserves to know the truth."

"Yes. If I keep a secret that isn't hurtful to her, but the truth would be, I think it's my right not to tell it. It's not a betrayal or something I'm keeping from her."

"Oh, sweetie," Timi said fondling my face. "You'll learn one day it's not necessarily the truth. I'm not entirely convinced Adri wouldn't take it as betrayal, that she shares her secret with someone who doesn't consider her a friend" I opened my mouth to object, but she raised her hand in front of it, and corrected herself "only a friend. You tell different things to your love, and to your friend. You have secrets from both, and you know the ones from Adri she would keep from her loved one."

"Have I told you how much I hate when someone is more mature than me?"

"You sure? Then you have me fooled when a few minutes ago you kissed a woman's breasts who is old enough to be your mother."

I rose and looked at her mad, but she just smiled at me.

"Aaanyway," I said as I rested my head back on her breasts "my longing for her will go away as soon as I find someone."

"Yeah, sure," I felt Timi nodding. "Because that went so great the last time too with the crazy chick, right?"

"I curse the day I told you about it."

"Hey, I'm not judging. There is a Zsuzsi in all of our lives. You just attract the type, so you had two."

"How many you had?"

"Including you?"

"Hey, I'm not the one who at the age of 46 has only a sexfriend."

"No, you are the one who could have more, just too coward to make the move."

"I thought you are against lesbian-straight relationships."

"I am. But in your case, I believe it would be better for both of you if you got over it quickly. Believe me, she'll get to a point where she thinks about how it would be to get together with you."

"Adri would never."

"Adri would never," she repeated mockingly. "She will if she hasn't already at some point. I see how great you two are together if there has ever been a lesbian-straight friendship that could work as a relationship, that's yours."

"So I wouldn't be good enough girlfriend for you, a lesbian, but for her, I would?"

"Exactly," she swept my hair out of my face. "And you won't be good enough girlfriend for anybody, as long as she occupies your heart. Instead of looking for substitutes, you should make that trust fall. It isn't so scary you think it is."