Chapter 3: Dating Methods

Levi's POV

Everything... seemed a bit peaceful at this moment. The quietness was too overwhelming, like I never felt this much peace before. And of course... it all disappeared when Eren decided to jump on me and wake me up. His mischievous laughter and giggles kept me awake.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Can we see Ms. Zoe again? Please, please, please?!" He bounced on my back with every single word that he spoke out of his mouth.

I groaned with defeat. "Fine... don't cause any trouble like yesterday..." I sighed, struggling to pull myself out of bed- especially with a crazed brat that wants me to get along with that Hanji gal.

With that, Eren stopped bouncing on me and crawled off of me. "I won't be a bad boy, I promise I won't." 

Giving into his pleads and begs, I finally crawled myself out of bed, and began to get ready. When I gazed down to where Eren was, he was already ready to go. He was dressed in his olive-green shirt and jeans. His bright emerald eyes glinted as he waited for me to leave. He's... holding onto too much hope.

*   *   *

"Remember, Eren: behave." He nods his head in shame, "And you should apologize to that man that you kicked. Only if he's here..."

My hand gripped tightly onto his; I don't want to lose him again. Eren has a knack for squirming out of my grip to find and/or cause mischief himself. I just hope this kind of thing doesn't follow him for the rest of his life... "Y-Yes Daddy..."

And so, we then walked. We continued to walk throughout the museum until we saw the kids' lab. That Hanji Zoe gal was still there- all in her scientist outfit and... helping kids. I see why Eren liked her. She seemed... nice and amazing. Surprisingly, that guy that Eren kicked wasn't there. Hanji was just... there by herself- no help at all.

Eren, of course, left my grip and ran towards the lab. I sighed a bit, chuckling softly as I watched them go. Reluctantly, I walked up to Hanji. 

"H-Hey, Hanji."

She smiled ever so gently, "Well hello, Levi. Nice to see you again..." Her eyes then gazed over to Eren. "Brought that little troublemaker again, huh?"

I laughed softly, shuffling my feet. "Yeah well... he wouldn't leave me any sleep if I didn't bring him back here. He's been... enjoys being here. So, officially, I had no choice but to make him happy. You know... make him a happy child."

"You're being a good father..." Hanji says with a smile on her face. "So... he basically guilt-tripped you into making you come here? Just for these experiments? Well, if he's interested, I can get him enrolled into classes for science that were specific for things like this. I can sign him up if you want-"

"No no, it's alright. I think he's just... curious at the moment."

Hanji began to chuckle a bit. "Curious, eh? Well... whenever he does want to- gah!" Before her sentence was even done, she tripped and fell onto me... and I turned red with embarrassment. And so did she- her face was bright red... and I heard the mischievous laughter from Eren. "Ah! I-I'm so sorry!" She yelped, getting off of me.

Nervously, I looked away, "I-It's fine, Hanji... darn it, Eren..." I gazed back down to the troublemaker.

"What's with him? He's been... accusing people and doing this? What are you up to, Levi Ackerman?"

I watched that little rascal retreat to the lab experiments again. "I'm not up to anything. Eren... he wants you as his mom..." I began to tell her, gritting my teeth. "He wants me to get with you... to... you know, replace his mom. Says you've been nice and kind towards him. I guess that's why he's acting like this."

For a second, I thought Hanji would be disgusted or something else- thinking it was all a lie I had made up. But she hasn't. Instead, she laughed with true amusement. "Pfft, awe, how sweet. He's looking out for his father." She chuckles. "Well, I wouldn't mind helping amuse him."

"Are you begging me to take you out or something then?"

She shrugs, smirking a bit. "I don't know. You better ask me quick to get a quick answer from me, Levi."

I sighed, chuckling and gazing over to Eren. You did it, brat. You're making me break my own vow that I had made with myself. Good job. I then chuckled, gazing over to Hanji Zoe and began to speak out with confidence. "Hanji, do you wanna go out with me?"

"Tell me the day and the time, Levi."

"Perhaps... tomorrow night at... 9. I'll pick you up after the museum closes. How does that sound?" I asked, giving a slight smirk towards her.

Hanji then gazed over the children, especially Eren, and chuckled softly. "Pick me up in time then."