Chapter 11: Newborns

Levi's POV

Eren was too busy mesmerized by the sight of his baby sister. It's funny... we were under the impression that we were expecting a baby boy, but I see we were totally wrong. We didn't even prepare ourselves a girl's name... we were stuck.

While her older brother poked at her cheeks, I sat in a chair next to Hanji. "She's beautiful..." 

My eyes examined every part of her. Her light complexion was similar to mine, black hair like a raven's feathers, yet she had brown eyes. Unlike with Eren, he inherited Petra and my hair color- just mixed. His eye colors came from Petra's grandfather. He was nothing like me... yet my second child have similar features as me.

"What should we name her?" Hanji asks me, looking towards me with questionable looks. "I... I kinda want to name her after her hair and one of my favorite birds."

"Like what?"

Hanji's smile was just calming as she looked down before uttering a single word that took me over. "Raven."

"Raven... sounds... beautiful. Fitting for our daughter." I chuckled, kissing the infant's forehead gently. My heart began to soar as she cooed in response as I kissed her. "And adorable... doesn't ravens mean 'good luck' or something?"

"I think so... one of the symbols of one- to counteract a crow. Why?"

I shrugged, chuckling. "Nothing. Raven as her first name? Confirming that?"

Hanji nods, leaning her head back into the pillow. When I gazed back at her, beads of sweat were still on her forehead. She was exhausted and I know that having the energy to even name our child was being drained from her. I know she wanted to end the naming thing first before she can rest peacefully.

"Alright then. Shall you take a rest for now before-"

"No. We got her first name. Middle name now. Um... I got no clue." She chuckles nervously as her eyes slowly began to fall. "Have any ideas, Levi?"

I chuckled, kissing Hanji's forehead. "I may have one. I want to name her... Raven Isabella. Isabella from Isabel and... well, let's just say I like the name Isabella. Besides, I like Raven as her first name. What do you think?"

Hanji weakly nodded and groaned. "Y-Yeah... Raven Isabella... I like it."

Smiling gently, I kissed Hanji and slowly too Rave out of her grip. "Rest, Hanji... you did well today. You deserve rest. I got Raven. I'm not letting anything bad happen to her. I promise." On that note, Hanji passed out, snoring softly.

"D-Daddy... c-can I see her?"

I chuckled, beckoning Eren to come closer and sit on my lap. "You gotta be really gentle. She's not a doll- she's your baby sister. Now, whisper, okay?" I tell him, lowering my voice. "Raven seems pretty tired as well as Hanji. We both gotta stay quiet for now."

He nods, keeping his voice down. Gently, I placed Raven in Eren's arms, giving extra support. He awed in happiness, able to hold his baby sister instead of poking at her cheek. Eren giggles softly, kissing on Raven's forehead.

"I-I'm your big brother... m-my name is Eren. I love you." He says quietly, surprised that he managed to keep quiet. Surprised, yet proud. I chuckled softly, sighing a bit. 

"Petra... I'm extending my family... I'm sorry it couldn't have been with you." I say quietly to myself, chuckling.

*   *   *

Once Eren was done holding her, he then passed out on a chair- all curled up with his favorite blue blanket. Raven was sleeping soundly in my arms, and the one thing that disturbed the silence was the buzzing of my phone. Carefully, I reached for it without waking Raven. She scuffled a bit in her sleep, but stayed asleep.

The number was unknown... and I grew curious. I then answered, trying to keep my voice low as 3 loved ones were sleeping. "Hello?"

The voice sounded distorted, like it was speaking through a filter. It sounded a bit robotic, but I knew it was a human as it pronounced every name correctly. "Levi Ackerman. Your ex-wife's accident was no accident."

"W-What?" I shook my head, trying to deny it. I convinced myself it was... and how it was my fault... and even Hanji convinced me out of grieving for it. Who was this to ruin it? "Who are you?"

It simply chuckled. "Who am I? I'm the one who hit you. It was a warning shot. Wire in a million dollars to me, and I'll spare your current wife -Hanji Zoe-Ackerman- from her fate. Isn't she allergic to blueberries-"

"S-Shut up."

"You have a month. Don't tell the police. When you're willing to send the money, there will be a burner cell phone arriving at your house when you arrive home. If you don't, Hanji will be the first to go. I'm still deciding which child to take. Perhaps, I can take your daughter... make her mine."

"S-Stop. I'll do it... just... don't hurt them."

"Good. Pleasure doing business with you then." And it hung up. A million dollars... why? I wasn't in anything terrible... and nor was Hanji. We both lived simple lives. Unless... P-Petra?

Deep within my head, I thought I heard an echo in Petra's voice... "I'm sorry..."