Chapter 10: A Day to Never Forget

Hanji's POV

A few weeks later, we held the wedding. More so, it was a private one. Actually, we didn't invite anyone special. My family didn't want to deal with an "unorthodox" marriage. Didn't understand why I'm getting married when I already got pregnant. Levi's mother was deceased, and his father... we never really got into that topic. He had his uncle, but there was a chance he wouldn't show up. I was hesitant to invite Erwin because he was gonna pick a fight with Levi... but Levi said that he wasn't gonna mind him being near. I had to invite my best friend, Nanaba. It wouldn't be that fun without her. Levi then invited his two good friends, whom I never met: Isabel and Farlan.

The wedding dress was a bit tight on me; even though it was fitted to be a bit bigger than my body size a few weeks ago, I was on its edge. When I pulled the veil over my head, I smiled softly, seeing myself in the mirror. The white dress and the fake gems on it gleamed together well. The one thing that stood out was the baby bump. As my hands gently moved the baby bump, my smile widened.

"In about 6 more months... I get to see you..." I quietly whispered to it, being the weird mother I am. "You get to see me, your father, and your half brother." 

The door opened, and I saw the figure walking in. "And to think you couldn't get any crazier. My... how I was wrong."

With her response, I chuckled. "Nanaba, you know me well... you should know I can go more than just a simple crazy rating." I turned, smiling brightly and beckoning her to come closer towards me. "Anyways, it's not bad luck if you see me... how do I look like? Think that it'll mesmerize Levi more or-"

She laughs, walking closer towards me. Her gentle eyes overlooked me, examining every inch of me. Her eyes began to shine as a smile grows large on her face. "If I were your husband, I would definitely be taken aback. You're stunning, Hanji. And if that man truly does love you, the way you look like should not affect him."

"That's definitely true..." I chuckled, rubbing the baby bump once more.

"Stop worrying, Hanji. You'll be fine. Don't worry... promise."

*   *   *

"I now pronounce you... husband and wife."

Levi pulled me down and kissed me with a small blush on his face. When he saw me walking down that aisle, he was speechless. I just... loved it all. Nanaba was right: men wouldn't care of how beautiful you look if they already love you.

As soon as we pulled away, I felt a heavy object fall between Levi and me. It gripped tightly on my legs, almost pulling me down. When I took a peek down, I smiled. "Hey, Eren."

He nuzzled his tiny head and his hair began to stick to my dress. He then looks up with his bright, emerald eyes. "I-I love you, Mommy!" And the crowd awed at the cuteness that was Eren. Levi and I looked into each other's eyes and chuckled, gazing down at him. "I love you both!"

"And I you..." I chuckled, leaning down and kissing the top of his head. Levi's firm hands took mine as I took Eren's. Together... we slowly walked back down the aisle, smiling bright to the few people who came.

*   *   *

Eren is such a troublemaker...

Levi and I were cutting the cake and handling the slices out- and before I knew it, I felt a small piece of cake was slammed into my face. I felt the size of the thing that slammed cake in my hand... small... like a child.

I reached for a napkin, wiping away pieces of the cake and smirked down to the boy- who was giggling away. "Eren..."

"Oopsie."

Levi was a bit more aggressive towards it. But, he eventually smiled, shoving cake pieces into Eren's face as payback. I know Levi's a bit of a clean~freak, but it was nice to see him ignore that part of him in order to have fun with his son. I've never seen him that happy... and I'm glad that he was opening himself up more and more.