Chapter 4: Date Night (With Eren)

Levi's POV

"Okay..." I sighed, helping Eren into an elegant outfit. I couldn't allow some stranger to take care of Eren for the night... nor do I want Eren to be taken care by a friend... I'm close-minded. Besides, thanks to this brat... he's the one that got me this date. I must be cruel to not let him come along with all his hard work that he's done for me. "You ready?"

Eren nods, "Yes! I wanna see Ms. Zoe!" He began to beam with joy and happiness. 

"Now listen- behave. I mean it this time. Do not go off and wander to anywhere. This is a nice restaurant and you will get lost. Do you hear me? And... I might get you some cake tonight, okay?"

With that in his mind, his emerald eyes began to gleam brightly once more. "Yes! I hear you, Daddy!"

I chuckled, kissing his forehead. "Alright then, let's go." His tiny hands was enclosed within my hands as we both walked out of our apartment. I hope this doesn't go too badly with this troublemaker in hand.

*   *   *

As we drove towards the museum, Eren fell asleep in the car. I chuckled, seeing him asleep and just acting cute and adorable. I drove gently and slow, not wanting to be in an accident just like... like how I put Petra in. I sighed, continuing to drive. There was no way I would lose Eren...

A sudden knock was on the window and I snapped out of it. I turned and rolled down the passenger door. "Heya Hanji." I smiled, unlocking the door. "It's unlocked. Hop in."

She smiled brightly, opening the door and getting in. Immediately, she looked up into the mirror, turning to her side and smiled more. "Awe, you brought him along? How cute."

"Couldn't leave him alone with anyone, so I brought him along. Plus he wanted to see you. Hope you don't mind, Hanji." 

"I wouldn't mind it. He's a cute kid." She says with a chuckle. "Oh... I didn't realize that it was gonna be fancy. I-If I had known... I would've brought nicer clothes." Soon, a small blush appeared on her face. "Could you drop me off at home before going to the restaurant? Only gonna be a few."

I nodded, starting the car. "Start up the map on your phone and input your address. I'll call the restaurant about our tardiness. We'll be there in a few."

*   *   *

We went to her apartment complex and I had to call the restaurant. But she still took a bit longer. Afraid a bit, I shuffled in the driver's seat. Could she be ditching me? Or... actually... it all changed when I saw her coming down in a dark blue dress at her knees and a long, thin black jacket. Her hair was set nicely, and I felt my cheeks grow a bit warm.

She gets back into the car, and when she closed the door, it jumped Eren awake. He yawned cutely and rubbed his tiny eyes. "D-Daddy?"

I turned back, smiling a bit. "Hey there, little one. We're gonna eat dinner soon, I promise. Get more sleep."

But his eyes grew wider as he saw Hanji. "M-Ms. Zoe..."

"Nice to see you awake." She says with a kind smile growing on her face. "As your father said, we're gonna be eating dinner soon. You ready for that?"

Eren nods, fully awake. His eyes were sparkling with joy and happiness. I never seen him that happy... except... with Petra. "Yes, yes, yes!"

I chuckled, starting the car up and making my way towards the restaurant. His excitement just made my heart soar with happiness and pride. Makes me want to... see him that happy as always. If Hanji made him happy... would I have to keep her near me more? Yes, I may be falling more for Hanji... but, is it right to love her more than just taking her out on dates?

*   *   *

Hanji and I talked while Eren doodled on those paper tablecloths. It was nice, talking to her and knowing who she was. Crazy enough, I felt that I was falling more and more with her. But then, it got to the topic about Eren's mother... and... was it right to tell her about what truly happened to Eren's mother? To explain... how it was all my fault? Eren would never forgive me if I started to talk to Hanji about it...

I sighed, looking deep into Hanji's beautiful eyes. "Maybe tonight... if you want to come and stay the night with us."

She chuckles softly, nodding her head. "Sure, I don't mind. I probably may have to stop by my apartment for some clothes... that way I'm not stuck in a dress all night and tomorrow morning." A mischievous smile appeared on her face, "But... I'm pretty sure that... nevermind, Eren's probably listening in."

When I gazed down, I caught Eren quickly turning his head away from us and slowly scooting away. "Eren..."

"Eek!" He slowly turns back towards me. "Y-Yes?"

"Eavesdropping?"

"E-Eaves... what?" He tilts his head, and I realized that he was still 5 years old. Of course he wouldn't know big words like that. "D-Daddy, what does that mean?"

I chuckled, poking his chubby cheek. "That word means: listening to other people's conversations. You were listening to me and Ms. Zoe's conversation... weren't you, little troublemaker." 

He then nods, "Y-Yes... but, I wanna know about Mommy more!"

I sighed, ruffling his neat hair. With my OCD, I fixed his hair back after I messed it up. "When you're older, Eren. You're too young right now."

Eren then looks up to Hanji and smiles a bit. "M-Ms. Zoe?"

"Yes?"

He looks back down, picking up his crayon. "C-Can you be my Mommy? L-Like this?" He holds up his end of the tablecloth, and I saw two adults and a child. He used a blue crayon to make me, a red one for Hanji, and the green one for himself. He drew me and Hanji holding hands and something purple in Hanji's arms... "I want a sibling!"

Hanji chuckled softly as I blushed with embarrassment. This was a first date... and he's already asking for a sibling? W-We never became an official couple yet- nor are we ready for having a child! But... what can I blame? His wants to be a big brother? He just wants a full family once more... but then again, he was so young when Petra died.

"Oh? A sibling? A brother or a sister?" Hanji asks, playing along.

"Um... a sister!" He jumps with happiness, smiling. Gotta admit, he's a cute kid. "I wanna sister! Please, Daddy, please?!"

I shushed him a bit, trying to think of a way to calm his tone down. Multiple faces turned our way like I was dealing with a bratty child. "Calm down, Eren. And... that's a maybe. Right now... I don't think Hanji and I are... you know... ready yet."

He then droops down sadly. "O-Okay..."

"Soon, Eren, soon." I say gently, kissing his forehead. 

Behind me, Hanji began to whisper gently into my ear. "Persistent, isn't he?" I sighed and nodded my head towards her. "Well... I know it's a first date kind of thing... wouldn't mind giving this relationship... a little... you know, excitement."

"Just... don't give Eren too much hope. Before you know it, you're falling for all his cuteness at once." I say, chuckling softly. But I took one more gaze towards that drawing he drew. I sighed softly, seeing his drawing once more brought me more memories about Petra and her dream about more kids... and I ruined it.