Chapter 6: A Mother-To-Be

Hanji's POV

Little by little, I began to live in Levi's apartment. To Levi's surprise, I make amazing sweets. I mumbled about how it was all science and all, so baking cookies and cakes were easy. Though I nerded Levi out a bit, Eren seemed to enjoy it. As I made Eren happy, I disappointed Levi a bit as I created a colorful mess.

We made a half a dozen chocolate cupcakes with a little raspberry surprise in the center. With that, there was a total mess everywhere. Raspberry splats there and flour sprinkled everywhere. Chocolate smears were all over the counters and Eren's hands and face were full of chocolate. But his bright green eyes glinted and I forgave every little mess we had made.

Soon, Levi appeared- appearing dead. His skin seemed abnormally pale and he just... seemed like a ghost. Eren jumps down from his stool, running towards his father with his arms extended. "Daddy!" He squeals, and Levi braced himself from his son's messy appearance.

"E-Eren! You're... you're so dirty!" He shouts, trying to pry the little boy off of him. The back of Levi's shirt was already getting chocolate on it- and especially the front side as Eren rubbed his chocolate-covered face on it. Soon, Levi's eyes went back to the kitchen, and I grew warm with embarrassment. "And... and this mess!"

Eren simply laughed, making his way back towards me and grabbing a perfectly made cupcake and giving it to Levi. "Ms. Zoe and I made this!"

"Erm... thanks, Eren. I'll eat it later."

But then, Eren wasn't having it. He began to pout and shoving the cupcake into Levi's face, becoming a bit aggressive. It was funny to see him forcing his father to eat a cupcake with his little attitude of his. "Daddy! Go and eat the cupcake!"

I giggled, seeing the fear in Levi's face. He soon gave up, taking the cupcake from Eren's tiny hands. "Alright, alright. Just, calm down, please. You already ruined my shirt." Levi groaned as he reluctantly took a bite from the cupcake. Instead of having a disgusted look, he looked up at me with surprised eyes. "W-Wow... it's so... good..."

"I told you- it's just chemistry!" Eren then ran to my side, showing the rest of the cupcakes. "And... I promise you, I'll help clean this mess up."

"You better..." He began to growl, looking down at his shirt. "And I was supposed to go to work immediately in this... I'll find something else to wear then."

I chuckled, slowly damping a towel in warm water and cleaning Eren's chubby face. "I'm sorry, Levi... didn't know he was gonna smear chocolate all over you. Although, it's so cute." I chuckled, making sure that he was pretty clean. "It's really just cute..."

When I turned upwards, I didn't see Levi in the hall, but I heard his voice pretty distant. "Yeah, well, Eren tends to do that. Unexpectedly doing something." Soon, he walked out of his room -revealing his abs and...- Levi then puts his buttoned-up shirt on, tucking his shirt in and adjusting his belt. "Eren..."

Eren then looked up to his father, gleefully smiling. "Yes, Daddy?"

"Be good to Hanji, okay? Don't cause too much trouble. I... I should be home by 6. Is that okay with you, Hanji? Taking care of Eren for about 8 hours?"

I nodded, smiling softly. "Oh yeah, I can take care of him for 8 hours. No trouble at all. Although... may I ask something?" Levi perked up with a bit of interest. "Is it alright if I not take him to my work today? Just wanted to take him out to the park or something."

"Hm... as long as you keep an eye on him." Levi then gazed down to Eren with smile. "You... you be nice to her- and don't ever leave her side. I don't want you getting lost, troublemaker."

Eren simply smirked and nodded his head. "Yes, Daddy!" His tiny hand then grabbed onto my index and middle fingers, peering up at me with glee. "Yay! I get to go out with you, Ms. Zoe!"

I chuckled, kneeling down a bit. "I told you... call me Hanji. And not Ms. Zoe, Eren... I'm gonna be helping your father take good care of you. So, no need to be formal." I ruffled his messy hair and smiled to Levi. "We'll see you soon, Levi."

He returns the smile, waving goodbye to the both of us. "See you soon." And the door closed behind him... and we were alone.

*   *   *

It was fun... hanging out with Eren in the park. We walked around, just having fun. While I walked and held his jacket, he ran around like a wild child, having fun and just enjoying life as much as he could. After he ran around in the park, I took him to get some ice cream. I began to enjoy a cookie dough ice cream; Eren began to enjoy a simple chocolate chip ice cream. 

"H-Hanji..."

I looked down at him, smiling softly. "Yes?"

"Do you like Daddy?"

"Yes... yes I do..." I chuckled, nuzzling him with my nose. He simply seemed to giggle, happy to hear that fact between Levi and me. "Why do you ask, Eren?"

He shrugged his shoulders, eating his ice cream. "W-Well... I was wondering... can I have a baby sister now? Can I, can I, can I? Please?!" His emerald eyes sparkled with so much hope for a family... and I remembered that Eren always wanted a sibling. "Please, Hanji?"

I chuckled, nuzzling him again. "I wish... but, it all depends on your father. He needs to... er... say yes about it... and we'll see from there. I promise, I do want to be part of your family, Eren... but I need your father's approval."

"If... um... if Daddy g-gives you a-approval... then I can have a baby sister?"

Once more, I chuckled softly, nodding my head. "We'll wait and see about that, okay? For now, let's go home... your father should be back by now." Eren nodded his head and we walked back to the apartment. It was nice to hear that Eren was hoping for a sibling still... but there's no doubt that he's gonna go off and bother Levi about approval again. I chuckled at that thought, hoping that Eren would have some luck.