Chapter 7: Expect a Surprise

Levi's POV

I groaned heavily as Eren struggled to wake me up again. When I fully regained a grip on reality, I saw that Hanji wasn't in bed. With the smell of pancakes arising from the kitchen, I figured that Hanji was making breakfast for all of us. I smiled towards Eren, kissing his forehead.

"Hey, Eren..."

He giggles, poking my cheeks with his fingers. "D-Daddy... I... I have a question..."

"What is it?"

He looks down after looking down the hall. His eyes were glinting with pleas. "H-Hanji said that she needs your a-approval... a-approval for a little sibling... c-can you give it to her? I... I want a sibling now!"

I chuckled, pulling him close and nuzzling him. "Well... Hanji and I discussed it last night... and... we're a bit closer to that step, okay? Just... be very gentle with her for now, understand? You have to be very nice to her."

"Okay!" He then jumps off of me and ran off. I chuckled softly as I struggled to pull myself out of bed.

Thankfully, I get to take the day off... so I didn't have to leave those two alone. As how I've seen those two, they were bonding way too much and way too quickly. Might as well join in... so, I walked into the kitchen, seeing Hanji putting pancakes onto plates. I smile softly, leaning against a wall and watched her. She hadn't seen me yet... and I wished it would remain like that. 

The way she acted towards Eren... I kept seeing Petra in her. She used a damp towel to help clean Eren's face, giggling and making him laugh. She then gave him a hug, tickling him... just like Petra. I know that I wouldn't be replacing my ex-wife by having Hanji here... because deep inside my heart, I knew that they were one in the same.

She then turned to me, giving a small smile. "Morning, Levi! I'm guessing Eren woke you up this morning?"

I nodded, chuckling and walking towards her. "Ah yes... he did." Once I was close next to her, I leaned up and kissed her on her cheek. Then, I lowered my voice. "So... just tell me if and when you feel sick, okay?"

"Of course." She chuckles softly, looking down to her stomach. "But honestly, I feel like the effects of pregnancy won't come until weeks after today."

I then backed away, chuckling. There was no use in arguing with her. "Alright, alright. But just in case." My eyes then glanced towards Eren, and my heart sank. How would I tell him about a sibling right now? Straight up or should I wait and drop hints? He's just a kid... so dropping hints wouldn't work that well... "Should we go somewhere for tonight?"

"Somewhere?" She tilts her head with a bit of confusion. "Like... dinner or something?"

"Yeah. Then we can tell Eren about... maybe having a sibling soon... unless... you want to wait until you start to show signs of it. All up to you, Hanji."

She chuckles softly, rubbing her stomach again. "Hm... we can tell him tonight then."

*   *   *

We went to a simply chain restaurant- why, you may ask? We let Eren pick where we get to go. So... he chose a burger place. I didn't mind at all, but still... it shows how childish and innocent he was. A little halfway through our meal, Hanji sighed heavily and stared at me. Instantly, I knew that it was time to tell Eren about what he would be expecting.

"Can you handle it, Hanji?" I pleaded for her. After all, I'm not the kind of person to be very gentle with news like this.

She saved me by nodding her head. "Hey Eren, wanna know something cool? It might make you very happy..." She giggles with it, acting quite childishly. Well darn... I could've done something like that!

Eren's eyes began to gleam with pure happiness. "Yes, Hanji?"

"Well... you might get your wish of being a big brother..."

His expression was priceless, making me smile brightly. His eyes widened and sparkled as his mouth fell open. His tiny hands were on his chubby cheeks as he gasped loudly. The one thing that he did that caught me off-guard was screaming. Now, it wasn't a fearful scream... more like a child at Christmas when they get the exact gift they wanted. No... it was exactly that kind of scenario- except it wasn't Christmas. Eren got exactly what he wanted: siblings.

"I-I'm gonna be a big brother?!"

Hanji chuckled, turning her head towards me with a smile. "Yes... yes that's right, Eren. Now... we're not sure if it's gonna be a boy or a girl... but with no doubt, you will be a big brother."

"N-Now... d-does that mean you two are married?"

Married... the one thing that slipped my mind. I was too focused on loving Hanji and ensuring Eren had his wish come true that I forgot all about it. It's not illegal to have a kid without being married first, but it's a thing that young children are taught. One thing I don't understand is how Eren would've known about marriage and stuff. He's like... not even in elementary school yet. They usually learn this near middle school...

"U-Um... no... not yet." I flubbed out since Hanji didn't respond to his question. "Soon, okay? Hanji and I... we may need a bit more time. Understand?"

He nods, eating his french fries slowly. "B-But... I can have my baby sibling... r-right?"

Hanji then switched sides- from mine to Eren's. She then nuzzled him, chuckling. "That's never changing, Eren. You are gonna be a big brother. I promise you that. If Levi and I are married or not... you're always gonna be a big brother."

I'm glad I have Hanji... she made Eren's smile come back to life. "Okay!" She then stared at me with a kind smile, nuzzling Eren even more. 

She knew her way around kids... and now, I'm not even scared to have another child. Thanks to her... I was able to love again... thanks to her, I was able to have a second child. Thanks to her, Eren gets to have both wishes granted: to have a mother and to have a sibling. I smiled gently to the both of them, thankful I had them both. Heck... I'll give credit to Eren as well for even getting my attention towards Hanji.