¡Chapter 3!

Miranda and I advanced to the queen and stopped when we were in front of her.

"Your Highness, its a pleasure meeting you" I said trying my best to sound formal

Miranda and I took curtsied but Miranda fidgeted while I gracefully descended and arose.

The queen burst out in laughter.

What did she find funny in this?

"I appreciate the formalities but it isn't really needed here unless we are at an event or gathering"

Miranda and I smiled

"Thank goodness, it really is a pleasure meeting you" I told her

The queen smiled

"You seem fun and you're already making me smile" She smiled

"She's amazing, isn't she?" Miranda joined in

"Yes, well come in..." The queen said and looked at us expectantly

"Zoey Baxter and this my best friend, Miranda Violet"

Miranda waved cheerily and the queen followed suit.

"Nice meeting you, come in" She said gesturing to the double doors but I hesitated, pointing to our luggage

"Leave it to the guards" She replied to my gesture

We walked to the doors and they automatically opened up for us to walk in.

No wonder they had no handles.

The interior looked quite modern but I wasn't surprised.

After what I've seen today, the unusual is usual to me.

The walls were red and had the same insignia on the gate on the walls in patterns.

The floors were wooden and it had a staircase beside an elevator.

"Welcome to the House of Clarendon, we are the monarchs ruling this spectacular kingdom" The Queen walked with so much grace for her age.

She used sophisticated grammar but didn't want any formalities.

She is one heck of a character.

"We are precisely four in the family, my husband, my son, daughter and I"

"Are these the designers?!" A high pitched voice echoed from a distance.

My eyes diverted to the origin of the voice, it was the princess of Fetville.

"Yes this is my daughter, Clair Clarendon, she is the one getting married" The Queen said gesturing to the princess

Clair blushed and her brunette bun fell down freely.

"Oh shoot, I thought Yolanda did this bun properly" She said trying to arrange her hair but seeing that it was to no avail she let it flow.

Her eyes were green gold in colour and her plump lips coated in red gloss. She was in a purple empire dress.

"You got my name, can I get yours?" She asked and I chuckled

"I'm Zoey Baxter this is Miranda Violet" I shook her hand and so did Miranda

"You guys have such adorable names, I can't wait to get to know you better!" She chirped while clapping

"Don't stress, we also have killer designs to make you look hot when you say I do" Miranda smiled jokingly and winked at Clair

Clair smiled back at her

Another voice boomed from a distance but it was familiar this time.

The one voice I didn't want to hear.

"You're here, I thought you'll slack off" Prince Lucas teased

"Hello to you, too" I said despite his naughtiness

"I assume you've met my son, the Crown Prince of Fetville" The Queen said

"Yes, and I must say, he is a handful" I teased him back.

He spun to face me and that was when I actually saw his face properly.

He had blue eyes, dreamy ones that any lady will fall for within a second.

But not me, Prince Lucas was a jerk and I don't like jerks.

He glared at me but I just smiled despite his hate for me.

"If you want to see a handful, you better look in the mirror" he replied

"You're by far worse than I am...Prince" I said emphasising on the prince.

His eyes briefly widened then he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Watch your mouth" He said between gritted teeth

I raised my hand in defeat then I realised that I almost forgot that we weren't the only ones there.

Miranda, Clair and the Queen were staring at us in amusement.

"I've never seen so much sparks between Luke and a lady since Rhea happened" Clair teased lightly punching her brother's arm.

What? Sparks? No! I couldn't bond with this mad man.

I looked at Prince Lucas and I could tell he was trying to hold back the blush but failed.

"Ah...um...excuse m-me" he stuttered and left our presence

"That was delightful but I really think you should feel free, my husband is out for official business so I'll send for you when he's back" The Queen told us

"So you're free to take a tour or retire to your chambers" Clair said waving us goodbye as she left with her mother.

"So where do you want to go?" I asked Miranda

"That king sized bed is really calling my name so...I am going to answer its call"

"You really are lazy" I teased her

"Hey! Jet lag!" She defended herself

"You didn't think of jet lag when your tongue was in that dude's mouth"

I was referring to the make out session between her and a stranger on the plane.

She bit lips and took off to the room in order to avoid explaining.

I shook my head and child chuckled to myself.

My best friend.

*******
I was walking around the neighbourhood and so far its been lovely.

The market stalks were colourful, the streets were lined with bushes, hedges of beautifully coloured flowers.

It was like paradise, there was a place where there was a waterfall that flowed into a very long river.

At a particular part of the neighbourhood, were a group of a capella singers, I joined them to sing.

Shortly after singing, I spotted guards dragging a dirty looking woman with a chain on her neck.

How can a place so beautiful have such brutal ways of punishment.

The lady was in tears and she was shaking vigorously, struggling to break free from the chains.

When she spotted me, a smile grew on her face revealing a set of dirty teeth. The chains immediately snapped and she ran to me.

I couldn't move—well—I didn't feel like moving and when I tried to move, I stiffened more.

I felt pity on her.

She fell to my feet and started begging. I looked around and every passerby had their eyes on us.

"Oh! Your Highness, you have returned as the prophecy says, please you must return to Calah, your people need you" She begged more tears pouring from her eyes.

What?

*****