Sensors | Ratchet x Reader

The song above is just to listen to read through this, some inspiration but not much.

Warnings; Angsty, Pain and near death

Originally Posted; July 10, 2019

Words; 2714

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your chest pounded excessively as your heart beat rapidly. As you coughed, you pushed your body deeper into the chilly, abrasive stone. R eflecting the strong light that was outside but unable to enter. Your eyes burned and stung from the smoke; you were trapped. You were severely hyperventilating as a result of the heat and shivering from the residual terror. You turned to look at it again as the intense orange light filled the space outside of the large cave you were hiding in. Again, you coughed violently. With sporadic whimpers, you were trembling and unable to breathe. After falling, you looked at your hands. Ash and grit were seen travelling up your arms and garments, and they each displayed third-degree burns. Your body is covered in bruises and cuts, ensuring that you have acquired scars.

Your mind was filled with thoughts of all that came before. While out on patrol, the Autobots had been assaulted; Bumblebee, Bulkhead, and Acree had been with you; you had been split up. It began as a small spark near some dead tree branches, then developed into a quick wildfire brought on by shooting. Thoughts began to cross your mind as you heard Acree shout in alarm just before they departed. Had they abandoned you to perish? Your demise in this vast cavern? You weren't even a loss to worry about; you were just a helpless human.

Due to the smoke that had obscured your perspective, you were unable to even see the ceiling when you looked up. You coughed as you began to experience dizziness. As a flick of flame approached your side, you tossed your head and shrieked in pain. You ducked farther into the cave or passage. As you stumbled into the tunnel, anxiety increased in your chest as you saw the flames fading from view. As you coughed, you felt something moist on your arm. Blood. You were on the verge of death. Slow.

Your eyes could hardly open as your throat had grown more than dry and painful to swallow, causing your chest to constrict with pain. Your nose was irritated and had started to run. Your hands were clinched, and your spirit was filled with the will to live. Further down, the smoke began to dissipate, but because less oxygen had reached this level, it was still difficult to breathe.

Your head began to pound, a headache grabbing you just when you thought it couldn't get much worse. You wheezed and growled in agony. Although your body pleaded with you to curl up and die, you refused. Your heart was telling you to keep moving even if your head was screaming at you to stop and lay down. You continued to stumble since you were no longer even able to see any light. It was completely dark when something cold unexpectedly touched your severely burned hands, making you wince.

Water, a stream. You gave it little thought because you knew that if you drank, you would undoubtedly become ill. As you let your hands dangle in the chilly stream, you thought. To the best of your ability, try to forget about the discomfort and headache. A stream and an opening, hold on. Your eyes widened as you sensed its course, and you followed it upstream, almost coming to a small section of grit and stones. You had unexpectedly discovered in a little hole.

Your brows furrowed; on the other side was a brilliant, open world. However, it is only big enough to fit your hand, not to mention your body. The more oxygen you could inhale via the hole, the worse your headache became as you scowled. Having no other choice, you feverishly scratched at the dirt. As some dirt began to fall away, you gasped and accelerated your scraping and pulling. You were almost worse than a wild animal with dirt, dust, and rocks pounding your face and arms. You managed to get your arm as far as the other side's opening before breaking it open partly.