Nervous | Bayverse Jazz x Reader

A/N: Aight so this was actually a request I got a LONG time ago and has just been here half-finished. I'm so sorry to whoever that was ^^ I hope I can make that up with this. Also, I am trying a to avoid underlining the character's dialogue, and to see if it looks better or not!

WARNINGS:

Few swears, slightly emotional

Words: Kinda short 1754

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had put yourself in the corner of the dark and cold of a relatively large room that looked far more of an old broken warehouse than anything else. Old, broke and abandoned down cars lingered here and there, purely there from age and their models being forgotten over the years and perhaps decades. However you couldn't get your mind over the one and the only scout named Bumblebee had been taken, hostage. Bumblebee, taken by the group called Sector Seven was no more than a secret government organization that you wanted little to no part in. Even if they had taken a friend and acquaintance of the team, and you could only assume your Autobot friends would plan to get him back. You felt bad for the yellow Camaro, he had done nearly everything he could for the group and his human companions only to be betrayed by the same species. It must have felt both terrifying and betraying, as you would have felt if the Autobots had done it to you. You could only remember the vivid memories of Bumblebee with Sam or Mikaela. Half of it saving the teens asses or taking them somewhere to get where they would want to go, dragging the bot along to defend them. You hadn't been there at the incident yourself, but you came to the base as soon as you heard what happened. You had seen it from a far distance, in the shadows and away from the spotlights as you watched Bumblebee be nearly tied up to the point where he couldn't move as the teens were pulled back and arrested all the while the poor bot then took some sort of chemical to his wires. The sounds of it made it seem like a horror movie. Even worse, Sam and Mikaela were now also in custody not only made things harder, but more options came forth to choose from. You took a hesitant glance around the room and at the remaining Autobots. Optimus Prime the huge red semi, the leader of the group stood in place further away from you, gently caressing Sam's glasses in his huge hands and inspecting them for any clues for the Allspark as he multitasked and listened to his members for ideas of how to get Bumblebee back and perhaps find the Allspark. Ironhide, the grey and metallic blackish truck was standing at Optimus' side and chatting about the current situation they all were in, and being the brute he was, explaining what might have gone better if they used a little bit of more violence to your species. You winced, taking note of how he wouldn't even look in your direction. To which Optimus would always turn down, taking his own vow to protect and serve humanity. The yellow, grey and little hints of red stood out as your eyes moved to Ratchet who was treating any injuries for the current team and was at the moment, patching up Jazz's wounds and dents in the sleek Pontiac Solstice metal from whatever bullet holes he could find on the mech. Jazz was as hardy as they came, never even flinching during a painful procedure of the holes being removed and patched. The two were closer to you then Ironhide and Optimus, nearly within a bus length. The mech watched his surroundings around him, distracting himself for the time being while he was visibly conflicted. You blinked a few times, quietly watching the mighty and tall Autobots talk amongst themselves and put themselves to work. You looked back down at yourself, a black hoodie with a few tears, some leggings and sports shoes. You were so small and worthless compared to the 20-foot robots.

You didn't know how to feel about the entire thing, scared and useless would be the best terms at the moment. You were just a small being between huge titan-like robots and alone to whatever you were doing in your corner. You wanted to do more than the simple hacking and decoding you could provide for them, though it was in a short time period and you wouldn't have time to find out and find new ways to get through firewalls and such. Within the entire 1 week, so much stress had been built upon your shoulders it was almost crushing. You would distance yourself and take some time to cool off but you barely had any of that this week. You were more than tired and restless and it was beginning to take a toll on you on your mentality and a tad bit physically. you felt your hands shake lightly, which you stuck in your sweater. You looked towards the warehouse door, sighing quietly and standing up. Approaching the exit, hoping you could get some fresh air and calm yourself from going into a full-blown panic attack. You quietly exited the building, feeling the crisp air hit your face was slightly refreshing, but nowhere near enough. You moved over to another broken car and sat down on top of the hood, sighing heavily. You hanged your head and planted them into your hands, remaining there for a second before furiously rubbing and shaking your head. You felt small tears prickle your eyes but you pushed them back, deciding you weren't in a good enough place to let the walls down from around yourself. You wouldn't let your guard down until you were completely alone and comfortable. You looked up at the heavenly light blue sky and pondered the idea of what was happening to your friends at the moment. The thought made you dig a deeper feeling of dread in your stomach, you tried to push the thought aside but you knew it would be in the back of your head for a long time. There was far too much stress and worry on your shoulders that you just couldn't let go of. You were every negative emotion, and it was brewing all within one body. You nervously rubbed your hands together in your lap, unsure of just what to do with yourself. You decided it was just easier if you put your head in your hands and breath. You hadn't heard the soft metal footsteps until a gentle hand-poked you in your back, almost careful. You raised your head in alarm, only to see Jazz worriedly looking down at you. You blinked, letting a small smile out. 

The bot visibly relaxed, shifting until he was sat down beside you and the car. There was a moment of silence. "You alright? I saw you leave the hangar and wanted to make sure." He vented. Warmth spread to your face, unused to being checked upon. You looked away from him and into the distance. "Yeah, I just needed some space from the tension.", "Understandable." To which he hummed in thought. A few more moments of silence followed. "Something else is bothering you, would you be comfortable in sharing with me?" He lowered his voice, knowing he was creeping into your problems. You felt the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, unsure but touched by his worry. You sighed, turning to him. His visor glinted with your reflection. "Well, I'm not sure how to feel about everything," You motioned to the hangar behind him. "I'm terrified for Bumblebee and I don't know about Sam or Mikaela either. I just want everyone to be safe, and not have to worry about the cons and my own kind all at the same time. I'm overwhelmed. I feel useless, small and unneeded." Your voice cracked, starting to choke back a lump in your throat. You looked down at your trembling hands. "I am nothing compared to you bots and I just don't know what to do-", "You are not useless to me." Jazz's voice interrupted. You shot your head up to look at him. Holding back your tears as he had inched closer to you while you vented. "You are so far from being unneeded, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you." He carefully went and picked you up from the car hood. Holding you in his hands as he looked down at you. "We will get them back, believe me. It might take a while, it may be hard, but we will. You are strong, and we will get past this." He whispered. You sat there in his hand, on the edge of a breakdown in front of the mech. You grimly smiled, comforted by his words. "Thank you Jazz." You muttered, holding back a sob. "That meant a lot to me." You admitted, nearly sheepishly. "I understand." He then raised his hand up to his shoulders, between his neck and arm where you swiftly pulled yourself on top and sat down comfortably. 

Wiping any tears away with your sleeve and listening to the breeze and the quiet hum of Jazz's engine. You two basked in each other's company and the sun's warmth. You were tempted to lean yourself on his helm but decided against it, respecting Jazz's space would be your priority after he had helped you. That was until he leaned slightly forward and got back up on two feet, mindful of where you were on his shoulder. "I think we should head back inside so we can have a chat with Optimus." You nodded, finding his serious tone to be weird considering how over the place he sometimes could be. You clutched his shoulder, not feeling very stable as he turned and walked back into the hangar. The warmth of the sun was replaced by a much cooler and moderate temperature then compared to outside. You looked around at the inside, as it was a much newer experience up high then down below. You hadn't even realized you two were beside Optimus and Ironhide, to which they turned their attention over to you and Jazz. You internally cringed, not used to any large amounts of attention, especially from the leader himself. "Have we got any clue on how we are going to get Bumblebee and the natives back?" Jazz spoke up, which you were thankful. You listened, however, you were distracted by the way Jazz presented himself. You couldn't have asked for anyone better.