Oleander | Dreadwing x Reader

Warnings: Swears, FLUFFFFF.

Words: 2124

Originally Posted; July 26th 2019

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oleander is a flower that is toxic if consumed. They symbolise love and happiness, however this can be interpreted in a variety of ways. 

So there you sat, sketching. You took a moment to look up at the tree you sat beneath, breaking your focus on the paper. The steams and log were dark, with the only colour coming from the flowers on top and around the sides. Leaning back into the tree, you sighed.

It was unusually cool for Jasper. You shook your head gently, letting out a tiny sigh. A sudden flowing motion captured your attention as one of the blossoms broke off, only to glide to the page your sketchbook was currently on. You smiled as you picked up the flower and examined it.

Your ears picked up the sound of an aircraft flying above, prompting you to look up.  Huh, it was unusually coloured. A dark ocean blue with gold highlights and crimson speckles painted where you'd believe the cockpit was. It flew slowly over town, as if searching for something. You took advantage of the situation and rushed to a new page of the sketchbook, pleased to see a blank page. You rapidly drew the outline of the jet. The sophisticated pattern on the craft made you happy and impressed. You looked back, only to see the said jet gone or out of sight. You scoff, leaning back down to fine-tune the design you had swiftly learned.

The front of the aircraft and the wings were simple tasks; anything following the wings was a distant memory. Frustrated, you decide to abandon the fancy jet concept and return to your previous page. You paused for a second before closing your book and stood up, packing your items into your bag.

These odd-looking automobiles were common, and they could be seen practically anywhere. You had suspicions, but you always ignored them, supposing they were visitors for the time being. You slung your bag over your shoulders and looked around; you couldn't afford to live closer to town, so you had to settle for fewer houses further out. You started walking, leaving the apartment yard you were all too familiar with. Turning down the road, your pace is quick and open.

Maybe you should go get some inspiration from the desert; it wasn't like you were going anywhere, it was simply a wander. Deserts were far too hot. You came to a standstill, looked back at your bike, grimaced, then turned aside and grabbed the metal. You should go to the forest outside of town, away from the desert. It wasn't your first time there, and it won't be your last. You jumped on your bike and started riding right away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't difficult for you to leave town. You peered, taking in your new surroundings. There were no buildings except those behind you, and the dirt and rock looked to be your only company. You gazed up at the sky; it was the only morning, and you could spend the entire day there if you wanted. You fixed your sight ahead of you; the path clearly headed to another environment, a woodland. You personally couldn't tolerate the heat.

You hummed softly to yourself, remembering the music that had matched the flowers you had sat beneath approximately half an hour before. You allow a slight smile to form on your lips. Now peddling slightly faster in an attempt to speed up your increasingly straining legs. You eventually followed the path into the woodland, now hearing bird whistles and chirps. You exhaled, finding it more tranquil here.