Reunion

Black and Trunks had just passed between two large, jagged mountains after seven hard hours of unsuccessful scouting. They had checked every beach and forest they had come near, yet there was still no sign of you or traces of Zamasu's magic. And since they couldn't rely on your chi which had weakened significantly since your escape, the best they could do was look by hand, which didn't provide a very fast recovery.

"Black! Look!" Trunks' frantic call snapped Black out of his thoughts as they continued to zoom through the air. "Is that a fire?"

She said red lights.........He wondered. Could she have meant......

You had fainted before he could think up a reply, and no matter how hard he tried he was still unable to communicate telepathically with you. His eyes widened when he finally figured out your cryptic plea for help.

Black could see it. Billowing clouds of smoke and flashes of bright white lightning just up ahead, in a thick-wooded forest.

"She's there!" Black shouted frenziedly, shooting past the confused teenager.

"What?! How would you know?!"

"Just shut up and follow me fool! There's no time to explain!" Black hollered back, not keeping his eyes away from the wildfire.

"Y/n? Y/n!" There was no response that could be heard from the chaos below.

Two pairs of keen eyes scanned the hellish forest floor, searching for any sign of you as they flew in circles barely above reach of the scorching heat.

"Look!" Trunks shouted, pointing triumphantly at a dot in the crumbling undergrowth. "It's Y/n!"

They both dove to you at the same time, Black overtaking Trunks as his heart beat furiously against his ribcage. The smoke didn't affect his keen senses in the slightest, but it was still hard for the once heartless God to breathe.

From their position, all the two warriors could see was only half your body, splayed out underneath a heavy blackened trunk. Bright red tongues lapped at your skin, but you didn't appear to be moving.

"Shit!"

Black reached you first, tossing the gigantic tree of you like it weighed nothing, which it probably did to him at least. He grabbed you and cradled you in his arms, Trunks beginning to protest until he saw the state of your legs.

"That's going to hurt, even if she is immortal," Trunks winced in sympathy. "It's a good thing she's knocked out cold, and even better that we have a Senzu Bean."

"Let's get her out of here first," Black murmured, relief flooding through him once he saw the slight rising and falling of your chest. He rubbed a bit of soot of your face and adjusted you a bit in his arms, forgetting Trunks who was watching in disbelief. Something flitted in his eye when he looked at you, but it was gone so fast that Trunks wasn't able to completely discern what it was.

Can Black really be....Is that why he wanted Y/n back so badly? No, it can't be, can it? He a psychopathic murderer!

Thoughts swirled like a hurricane in his brain making him slightly light-headed, and Black must have noticed as Trunks began to sway on his feet. Even Saiyans weren't completely immune to fire.

"We should get the Hell out of here before you pass out too, and if you do, I'm leaving you here," Black snapped, roughly shaking him from his astonishment. There were a time and a place, but here was neither of those.

"Come on!" Black sprung off into the sky, the confused teenager following shakily behind, mind still reeling.

"We'll stop here," The older Saiyan commanded with a tone that called for no objections as he descended into one of the most habitable caves in the twin peaks they had just passed. Throughout the entire flight Trunks hadn't dared to utter a single word, not even looking at him. They placed you on the floor, cushioning your head with Trunks' sword and Black's sash, using the boy's jacket as a blanket. It wasn't the best, but it was still much better than absolutely nothing. If Trunks wasn't here, then Black would have preferred to keep you in his lap, where you could be warmer and safer, but there was no way he was going to do that with Earth's mightiest hero glaring at him like a hawk. Even slightly burnt by the fire, he was still dangerous. Some of the skin on Trunks' hand had been seared off when they had touched down, but that wouldn't stop him from grabbing his sword.