viii

One day someone will hug you so tight that all of your broken pieces will fit back together

Yeri walked into her apartment grumbling under her breath, not caring that her kitchen was now filled with Jisung and Minhos friends as they all drank and chattered on. She ignored Chan when he said hi to her, Gray when he asked her how she was feeling, and that flower boy when he asked what happened to her dress.

She stripped it off causing everyone but Gray, who was used to seeing things like this since they'd been living together for well over two hundred years, to gawk not only at her body but at the complete lack of shame she had. She stomped up the stairs after removing her shoes and flopped onto her bed.

Yeri yelled into her pillow and groaned when she felt a larger body flop on top of her own, Gray. He wrapped his arms around her and laid his chin on her shoulder. "Whats wrong?" She spoke but her words were muffled by her pillow. Gray gently removed the pillow from her face and listened, not asking her to repeat her previous statements.

"I just cant believe that this wreckless, annoying, extremely handsome, careless, newbie is my mate. And hes so messy! And his friend wasnt even scared when I growled at him! Am i losing my touch or something? I mean, I'm well known to rip off heads when angry by many vampires I'm nearly 600 for fucks sake!" Gray nodded and pet her hair as he listened.

"Maybe he was having an off day? And I'm sure youre not losing your touch Yeri he probably just didnt know who you are. Not to say that youre not well known but maybe he was just recently turned." She nodded starting to calm down from him simply playing with her hair. Yeri had always valued having Gray as a friend. He truly cared about her and listened to her problems, they took care of each other, and when the other was in trouble they'd do anything they could to help.

"Are you talking about Seo Changbin?"