|Chapter One| The Day It All Went Downhill

Words: 949

|Butters's P.O.V. ; 6:34 A.M. ; Butters's House|

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock going off. "Well Butters, it's uh, it's time to get ready!" I say to myself. I get out of bed and put on a white undershirt and my light blue jacket over that. Then I put on black skinny jeans. My mom yelled from the kitchen that breakfast was ready and I ran downstairs.

"Well gosh, thanks, mom!" I shoved a mix of eggs and waffles into my mouth and swallowed. "But I got to go, love you!" Tripping and fumbling out the door I put my shoes on. "If you go out with friends, be home by 4!" She yelled back.

I ran 2 blocks to get to the bus stop with... 3 minutes to spare! Then the reason I was out the door so early turn the corner and into my sight. Kenny Mccormick. My best friend and crush. He always hid most of his face in his orange parka, and always came early. 

"Hey, fella!" I yelled at him. "Sup Buttercup!" He yelled back. Kenny jogged up to me and gave me a noogie. "Okay, so what was your dream this time?" He asked. 

"So I was in a GIANT egg, and there was an um, a bird-dragon inside and it tried to eat me! So I pulled an um, sword out of a pocket on my um, forehead and uh, killed it!" I chirped happily.

He messed up my hair. "By the sound of it, you had a big night." My cheeks heated up but it was so cold I don't think he noticed. "Yep. I really need to control uh, control my behavior."

I and Kenny talk for a while longer before Stan, Kyle, and Cartman show up and he starts ignoring me. I sigh and stand farther to the left so Cartman doesn't make fun of me. He still does but less if I don't bother them. 

"And then I said 'Fuck off pussy' and then," Eric starts to laugh. "And then he tripped over his tied shoelaces and-and," He laughed again. "And he fell into the pond!!" The other three kept a straight face (but it's not like any of them are).

Kyle glared at Cartman. "Dude, that's not even the tiniest bit funny, fat-ass." "Up yours jew!' He replied angrily.

After what seemed like forever, the bus came. I was more than happy to get away from Eric Cartman. The five of us staggered onto the steps and into our seats. Kyle and Stan sat together like they always do, Eric sat next to Wendy (they had a short relationship that Cartman wanted back), and Kenny sat next to Bebe way in the back. I sat down, alone, in the front until the next stop.

When the bus stopped again, Clyde, Craig, and Tweek got on. I was a bit surprised when Tweek sat down next to me.

"GAH!!" Tweek uncapped his thermos.

We were friends, I just thought he liked Craig more than me. "Well, hey there fella. How was uh, your morning?" I asked the spaz. I wasn't making fun of him but that's the only way I could describe him.

"It was -nngh- fine!!" He shouted and chugged his coffee. Tweek Tweak wasn't the neatest eater. Coffee droplets fell down his jaw and pooled at his chin. "Slow down there feller, you could choke!"

Tweek spit out the coffee in his mouth. "CHOKE!!! GAH!! I DON'T W-WANT TO D-D-DIE!!" He screeched in alarm. Some kid (probably Cartman) yelled back, "Shut the hell spaz!" The blonde was twitching and didn't drink from his thermos again until he got off the bus. Tweek was the first one off to put a (love) note in Craig's locker. Once when I asked him why he didn't just talk to Craig, he yelled. "TOO MUCH PRESSURE!!"

I smiled to myself while I waited for the rest of the kids to get off of the bus. Tweek wasn't my best friend (that's Kenny's spot), but he was the closest thing I had to a brother. The rest of the children got off and I followed. Most people think that I'm just nice so I never go first, but really it's because Kenny is always last.

Right when I see the orange parka next to me, I jump in between him and Bebe. "Hey! What was that for?!" She ask-yells. I ignore her and sigh. As far as I know, she's Kenny's latest obsession. They were "together" and it tore me apart. But even worse, I knew he was going to break up with her. It's not like he told me but his relationships only last about a week and they had been "dating" for 4 days. 

Kenny doesn't belong to anyone. He hops from one person to the next, leaving once he's bored. The longest relationship he had was a month. But I wouldn't give up. I loved him and I was going to fight for him. Just not while he's dating. There was one good quality to all this. He never cheats on anyone. If he's more interested in someone else, he leaves. And except for one person he was in to, everyone wanted to be with him. Some for popularity, some for a fling, and the ones that wanted to be with him for a long term thing, well, they got their hearts broken. 

I shake the thoughts from my head. "I'm going to be different," I thought. " I'm going to show him all of my love and passion! And if that's not enough, I'll be glad I had my chance."