|Chapter Fourteen| Pain Is Just My Heart Reminding Me I Have Feelings

!!WARNING!!: This chapter has suicidal thoughts! Disclaimer will be at the start of the thoughts, and ending of thoughts will be in bold and underlined!!

Words: 1103

|Butters's P.O.V. ; 5:47 P.M. ; Outside South Park High|

I had been waiting for 30 minutes outside the school and still no Kenny. We had agreed on five P.M. and I had brought the spray paint (and hid it behind a bush, just in case). I checked the time again. Still 5:47. 

I kept looking at the time. Did I get the date wrong? No, it's Wednesday. He'll be here soon.

6:00 P.M. So he's a little late?

6:30 P.M. Bad traffic?

7:30 P.M. I know he'll come.

9:00 P.M. I just know it... 

11:30 P.M I should just go home... My parents are probably worried sick. Well, right now I'm worried sick.

1:30 A.M. He's not coming. Kenny promised...

Tears slid down my face. He hasn't made time for me in weeks, this was the one thing I was looking forward to doing with him! The one thing! Sadness filters into anger as I wipe my eyes. 

"Fuck you too, McCormick!!" I yelled up into the sky as if an angel would hear me. My eyes turn red from crying and rubbing them. 

Was I not important enough? Am I not important? I kick at rocks and pebbles making them hit trash cans, not even caring about the neighbors. 

I felt like needles were pricking at my lungs and I couldn't breathe. The cold air was the only thing distracting me from thoughts of Kenny. Kenny, Kenny, Kenny... 

Did nothing we did together matter? Going to Hawaii, helping him over his addictions, covering for him when he and Cartman murdered the one ugly girl that was being made fun of in the book they wrote. We held hands! It was one of my most treasured memories... 

Was...

Out of everyone, I didn't think he'd abandon me like that. But he did. Like everyone else...

Tears clouded my vision, making me trip over my shoes. I face-planted into the pavement but didn't feel a thing. The night was so beautiful but I couldn't enjoy a thing. 

Not the clear sky, not the stars that shimmered like glitter, not the lack of sound, not the smell of grass and mist. 

!!DISCLAIMER!!: Suicidal Thoughts start!!

You're a fool, Butters. Why would you think he'd want to be with you? Idiot. 

I know. It was stupid for me to think I'd ever had a chance after the party and it was stupid to think he would show up. 

No, it was stupid to not confess, and it was dumb to be jealous. Just give up. It's easy. 

As much as I didn't want to think these things, they pushed at the back of my skull. I pushed myself off the ground and started to walk back home. 

It doesn't take that much time. Like the click of a button. Just stop. Stop caring. Stop breathing. Stop it all! Just find your mom's medication and take it all, or eat an almond! Either way works! When was the last time someone took the time to ask you if you were okay? 

No, I want to care! I want to listen to people and I want to be their friends! I want to live! And almonds are disgusting!

Six years ago!! You had fallen from a tree and had to go to a hospital! It was the nurse who asked you! Your parents didn't even visit you! You are a worthless piece of crap, and there is proof!

No-no-no-no-no! Get out of my head! I clutch my hair and my breathing speeds up. 

Three months ago, you didn't eat for a week, and nobody noticed except Tweek. Two and a half years ago, some kids threw LIT FIREWORKS at you, and you had third-degree burns for months!

That's not true! I usually don't eat lunch and I don't eat with other people a whole lot! How where they to know? And the kids said it was an accident and apologized!

Your parents grounded you because the wanted a girl! When you became Marjorine, they said you gave then "false hope"!

My parents have been like that since the beginning! I didn't do anything wrong! And I don't care about the other things! 

Six P.M. today! You believe that Kenny McCormick would show up, and help you be happy! It was one in the morning before you decided to go home! He could have come in that seven-hour time period, but he didn't! Get over yourself, and end it!

I collapsed, crying in the middle of the street. Whatever that voice was, my inner demons, Cartman, Jesus, it was right. I broke after one person decided I was a little less then what they were doing. 

I was a complete fool and was selfish for attention...

"Just end it all." Was the last thing I heard from that voice.

!!TRIGGER WARNING OVER!!

|Kenny's P.O.V. ; 5:37 P.M. (The Time He Was Supposed To Meet Butters) ; The McCormick House-Hold|

"I know it's crappy, but you get used to it." I shrugged. 

"N-no, I think it's-s homey!" Annie exclaimed. I had invited her over, but I didn't want her to meet my parents. Trust me, no one in their right mind does. 

She smiled and cleared a space on the couch. "H-how old i-is your house?" She asked.

"Umm..." I pondered, already knowing that answer. "Older then it should be. Yep, definitely." I said hoping for a laugh.

Annie giggled and sat down. "May I offer some refreshments, my lady?" I asked in an English accent (you couldn't tell because my voice was muffled), and bowed. 

"W-why yes, my knight." She stood up and curtseyed. We laughed at the cliche moment, and I left to get her some Dr.Pepper. Ever since foster care, I'd been hooked on the stuff. 

I offered her a can, which she gladly took. We sipped the soda in silents and Annie scooted over and "rested" her head on my shoulder. My face heats up, and a blush rises to my cheeks. 

I've only felt this way for one other person... I'm not going to screw it up this time though...

Nothing happened when Annie was over, but she did get to meet my siblings, who are much better than my parents, and showed her my pin that stated I was an official princess. There was a long conversation about that last thing.

She stayed over until about ten and had to get home. I kissed her on the forehead and walked her home. I never want to get rid of this feeling...