|Chapter Seven| Awkward

Words: 1050

|Kenny's P.O.V. ; 1:42 P.M. ; South Park High|

Why was he being so damn nice to me? Because he's your best fucking friend, god damn it! Why am I suck a fuck up!? I just didn't want things to be awkward. Maybe if I stop talking to him he'll go away, I thought. Maybe he's going to forget and you guy can be friends again! It might go back to normal!

That was the plan anyway. But I didn't count on him being the best mother fucking friend ever! Damn his loyalty! "Are you mad at me?" He asked and looked at me sadly. I shook my head no. 

He frowned at me like I had lied. I don't know why he thought that in the first place. I had nothing to be mad at him about. If anything, he should be mad at me!

The only reason I wasn't talking to him was that I didn't want to hurt him. I really liked him. Like-like. But, somehow, we got drunk and I used him. I never want that to happen again. And here's a little secret; I'm scared if I start dating him, I'll break his heart...

I have gone out with a whole lot of people I actually had interests in but somehow ruined them. Example: I liked Bebe for a while, but when we went out, I found out she was only concerned with her looks. I'm afraid that if I date Butters I find out something horrible about him and we'll break up. He's my best friend. I can't lose him...

Kenny McCormick needs Leopold "Butters" Scotch in his life. One way or another. Speak of the devil, the blonde waved his hand in front of my face. "Hey, you um, okay there fella?" I nodded. I must have not been paying very much attention.

The bell rang, ending lunch. "Well, see you later." I waved and he smiled and left. I miss him already...

I'm just going to push these feelings down deep, into the depths of hell if I have to!

In the last hour of school, an angry Tweek approached me. "Oh hey, how is i-" Then he slapped me from out of nowhere! "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR!?!" I yelled at him.

He reached into my hood and grabbed my ear pulling me into the boy's bathroom. "Owowowow!!!" Tweek let go once we entered the room. "Explain. NOW." I glared at him. 

"Why on Earth would you hurt Butters!?" My eyes widened. I've never heard the meth-addicted kid speak so clearly in my life. "I didn't do anything!" I yell back. "In fact, I've been trying NOT to do just that!" I rubbed the stop where he slapped me. He could beat an angry midget up if he wanted to. Don't know why he's scared of those "underpants" gnomes though.

"WE WILL SPEAK NOTHING OF THE UNDERWEAR GNOMES!!"

"Jesus Christ! I didn't even know I was talking out loud! Now are up going to tell what the hell is going on or what!?"

Tweek took a few deep breaths calming himself down. "Well m-maybe, you should be a -nngh- better f-friend." He growled at me. What?

"I still have no idea what's going on! I bearly know you, how can I be a better friend to you?! Look, if you want to know how to get Craig, I can tell you but don't slap me!" He blushed and got off track for a moment before he was all business again.

"I-i meant to Butters you -ACK- dumba-ass! He came over to my locker re-recently, CRYING, and all I c-could make o-out was y-your name! I don't know som-something happened, b-but you should do-GAH- something about-t it!" 

The blonde stared me down waiting for some sort of answer, which seems to be the thing I lack currently. "Shouldn't you do something about it? He did come to you after all!" I argued. 

He huffed. "D-don't you think I've -nnhg- tried?! Nothing works, you vaginal opening!" 

"What do you think I could do differently dumb-ass!" To be candid, I was thrown off by his strange insult. Was he trying to call me a pussy...? "For one th-thing, you could talk-k to him, you scrotum!" He pushed past me, leaving me more confused than when I entered. 

Did Tweek just call me a scrotum?? 

|Butters's P.O.V. ; 3:05 P.M. ; Outside South Park High|

I was crying my eyes out behind the school. I knew it! I knew I ruined our friendship! It was gone, and there was nothing I could do about it! Bits and pieces from the other night got scrambled in my head, like eggs, but not chicken babies. 

All I could remember was running into Kyle a few times, pulling Kenny down from the ceiling, Token being nice to me, and the word Orange-vod-juice-ka. Besides that, just strange feelings, not memories. 

I felt jealous for a short period of time, and then I felt complete. Whole. Like a part of me got put back into place. Then a REALLY weird feeling I can't describe mixed with a little bit of pain. Feeling bad at the beginning, but better at the end.

One thing stuck out to me. Why? Why would I sabotage everything just for one night? One kiss? One feeling of being together. I couldn't take it anymore!

My heart ached, my eyes were red, and my chest was tight. This is what death feels like. Or at least the feeling of wanting to be dead. No... This was heartbreak. I and Kenny weren't together. Never would be. I could have given up a long time ago, but noo~. I just had to be a romantic. That's it. I'm giving up now. 

I'm throwing my hopes out the window and making sure they never come back! I'm done with the boy with the orange parka! I'm done with trying to make other people happy when all they do is break your heart and toy with your mind! I'm done!

I AM DONE!!!

And I, the kid with the weird blonde hair decided, behind the school, that I was never to hope again. 

Just so you know, a whole lot of shit goes down in this book!