When All Hell Broke Loose

Ella's pov

I ran outside and saw that Randy and Nick were fighting.

"What the hell?! Get off each other!" I yelled.

Randy was about to punch Nick, but I stepped in front of him. He stopped the punch just in time and it barely brushed my cheek.

"El, I'm so sorry." Randy said.

"Save it!" I yelled.

"Ellie, babe." Nick said.

"Shut up!" I yelled, "You guys are two of the most important men in my life! And you're fighting! Why? What is wrong with you? You're supposed to be best friends! What happened!"

"Ella-" Randy started.

"I didn't ask you to freaking talk! Just leave me alone! I'm going home." I said.

"Let me drive you." Nick said.

"No I can walk!" I said.

Nick's pov

She's pissed. Ella is the sweetest person and she only yells when she's mad, like really mad. God I'm so stupid! Why did Randy and I have to fight like this. I know he'll never forgive me for what I did for her, but it kills me to see her like this. I hate Summer for what she did. I just I don't know how to explain it to Ella truthfully and honestly. I want her to know it wasn't my fault, but I don't want her to lose anyone she cares about, like me or Summer. In the end I just want her to be happy.

Ella's pov

"I'm walking!" I yelled as my voice cracked and a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"It's two miles from here!" Randy exclaimed.

"I don't care!" I said, "and clean yourselves up. There's blood everywhere!" I yelled.

As I walked almost half a mile it started raining.

Fan-freaking-tastic!

I felt fabric over my shoulders and I looked up and saw Nick.

"You looked like you could use this." he said.

I almost gave in and kissed him, but I gave him a simple thank you and a small smile, and kept walking. "Ella, come with me." he said.

"Nick this was really sweet, but I really need a moment alone right now." I said while handing him the jacket. I ran away to my house.

But Nick was right behind me the whole time and I didn't notice it.

"Hey little lady. what's wrong?" A stranger asked while stepping closer to me.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled as he was rubbing my back.

"I just want to offer you a good time." he said.

"No you creep!" I yelled slapping him. Now this angered the guy.

"Listen you-" he fell down forward.

Nick had punched him.

"Let me take you home," he said while wrapping his arm around me.

"Fine," I said, "But I still don't forgive you!"

He laughed and kissed my cheek.

"Seriously though Nick. You can walk me home, then leave." I said I know it was a little harsh, but still.

I saw the smile on his face drop and when I realized I hurt his feelings.

"I'm sorry," I said lowly.

"It's ok princess," he said, "let's get you home."