Chapter 1 The Beginning

(Lucy's POV)

I woke up on my huge comfy bed, dressed in a pink nightgown. Another day living as a princess, a princess with magic, that is. I opened my window and looked at the wonderful view of Magnolia.

Yes, I'm the princess of Magnolia.

I sighed, I barely go outside and I want to see everything. I am popular, though, I just don't want a group of perverts around me, you know?

"Princess, the king wishes you to speak with him during breakfast," Virgo, my maid and celestial spirt bowed.

I turned to her,"You can always act normal around me. I'm not like Father."

"I know, Princess. But I guess I'm just used to it."

I nodded, and after I changed into a pink dress we walked down to the dining hall. The table in the dining hall was huge & long.

(Just like Natsu's d *cough cough* I'm just kidding 😂😂)

But there were only 2 chairs. I sat down, and started eating breakfast.

"Lucy," Father said loudly after drinking some alcohol.

"Yes Father?" I replied with food in my mouth.

"Tsk," It seems Father's wall has broken again. "A PRINCESS MUST NOT TALK WITH FOOD IN HER MOUTH!" Father stood up and slammed the table with his fists. The alcohol in the wine glass swayed back & forth. My eyes widened in fear.

Not again....

"Maid, hold Princess Lucy!" He stomped over to me, getting out a whip. I got up and walked back. This always happens. A maid held me from behind.

"I'm sorry Princess. I can't control myself."

"I-I understand......This happens all the time. Father got closer, and closer. I squinted my eyes as tears started forming. I felt a painful sting on my legs, then my arms, then my face. I winced a bit, trying to hide my pain.

Why is Father always like this, you may wonder?

Well, after Mother died, Father began to drink, then he had a drinking problem. It seemed he was drunk all the time, his anger can't be controlled. This happens all the time when I do something un-lady-like

When Mother was still alive, he was sober & stable.

Now.... It all changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Father finally decided to stop, I was now locked in my room.

I removed my dress, and it all uncovered the bruises, the cuts, and a little bit of blood. I treated them with my secret first aid kit.

I've always had it since my father turned into some broken man. This felt like the 100th time that happened. He treats me like shit everyday.

He's my father...... All the alcohol controls him now.

I cleaned up my dry & wet tears as well but the redness that was left in my eyes couldn't disappear.

I was locked in my room the whole day, doing just nothing but reading books.

Late at night, I couldn't sleep.

"Sssssssssssss *pop!*" I heard a sound outside.

I got off of my bed and opened the window. It was fireworks in the sky.

"Where was it coming from?" I looked around, and another firework popped up. It came from a large building.

I was curious, what is that building?