Chapter 9 Strange Things Did Happen Here

(Lucy's POV)

I woke up to find Natsu bringing in a tray of breakfast.

"Good morning," he smiled.

"Good morning," I smiled back.

Natsu placed the tray down and helped me sit up.

"Ow ow ow," I winced as I sat up.

"Does it still hurt?" He went and grabbed a heated bag and placed it on my cut.

"Thank you."

"No problem," the ends of his lips curled a little as he placed the tray on my legs. "I didn't know how to make food, and the chef wasn't awake, so I just got some cup-of-noodles," he mentioned as he poured a glass of hot water in the styrofoam cup.

He was so focused on making things for me.

"Natsu..." I mumbled,"You don't have to do these things for me."

"I want to, Luce. When I don't, I feel like a bad boyfriend."

"At least you're still by my side."

"Yeah...." He mumbled, and went to clean the room a bit. That's weird, usually Natsu doesn't clean.

"Oh," Natsu looked forward as he remembered something,"I forgot to ask, but who did this to you?" I dropped my fork of noodles on myself as he said that.

The noodles were scorching hot but all I could think of is the horrid memory of being cut in the stomach by a random guy.

Natsu cleaned up my little mess.

"I....I don't know, honestly. It felt like a big buff man. And it seemed he worked for the guy that took Michelle....."

Natsu sat next to me, interested and curious,"Did you get to see what he looked like?"

"He had a grey jacket and dark blue pants. Oh and he is shorter than me by a few inches." I replied.

"Hm... Maybe I can investigate on this a little and destroy whoever did this." Natsu frowned.

"Natsu," I grabbed his wrist,"It's fine."

"It's not fine! You almost died of blood loss, and they almost killed you! I had to donate blood myself to you..." I

widened my eyes at the last part.

"You what?" I rolled up his sleeve, and I saw his small bandaid on it,"Why didn't you take me to the hospital?"

"You would've died...." He looked at the floor, his bangs hiding his face,"And I couldn't let you die."

(Also cuz he couldn't afford it but...)

I rolled his sleeve back down and continued eating my noodles.

"So I'm alive because of you. Thank you." I smiled as I blushed a little.

"You're welcome," he replied as he rubbed his eyes and smiled back at me.

I continued to eat my noodles, and Natsu started changing into casual clothes.

"Are you sure you're fine by yourself?" He asked as he placed his vest on.

"I'll be fine. You can go ahead and learn," I smirked when I realized I can't go to class.

"Hmph. I'll have to go through as bunch of classes. I'll visit between classes, okay?"

"You don't have to. I can take care of myself."

"Okay, see ya, Luce," he gave me a small kiss on the lips.

"See you," I smiled as I waved.

He closed the door, and I finished my noodles.