Chapter Twenty

The Beginning

It was a beautiful summer night. A woman screamed as contractions took over her body. Tonight her baby will be born.

Across the country another woman awaited the arrival of her baby. Contractions took over her body and she screamed out in pain.

-----

Elena watched threw two different windows as she and another woman was about to give birth. As the dr moved away Elena saw that the other woman was Rebecca.

"What am I seeing?" she asked the demigoddess?

"You are seeing the beginning." the goddess replied.

"I don't understand." Elena said confused.

"You will."

----

As Elena turned her attention back to the windows. She heard the first sounds of a baby's cry. Tears swelled in Elena's eyes as she saw her son being born.

Than two minutes later her daughter was born. At the exact same time Rebecca had her baby.

Elena continued to watch as the dr's and the nurses cleaned the babies and handed them back to their mothers. The dr's asked each woman what their babies names were. Elena knew already her babies. Steven and Aeliana.

So she focused on Rebecca. "Emily." She said so quietly that Elena was straining to hear.

"Is that.....? wait it has to be. Where they..?" Elena couldn't form her thoughts into sentences but the goddess knew what she was asking.

"Steven was destined to be king. Aeliana was always meant to be with Emily. Esarosa was created by Jennie from unfortunate circumstances but they were born the same day at the same time. Their souls sought for each other even than." The goddess said thoughtfully.

Elena turned and looked at the demigoddess. She had tears in her eyes but she didn't shed them. It made Elena heart tighten. The goddess has suffered some kind of loss.

"That is not all though. Look into this window." The goddess said taking Elena away from her thoughts.

Elena turned and looked into the other window. Again it was of another woman who had given birth to a baby girl.

"Who is this baby?" Elena asked.

"This is Calli. Born at the same time that Steven was. She was his soul mate from the beginning also. She would have made a grand queen. An earth elemental mated to a shadow wolf. Their daughter meant to be queen of the elementals."

"Wait. Keira is to be the queen of elementals?"

"She won't be now. A war is about to start. We don't have much time."

"You aren't telling me everything are you?" Elena asked than she frowned. She realized she didn't know who this goddess was. All she knew was that she was Sexton's sister. Or was she?

The demigoddess looked at the queen of wolves. A sad look on her face. "Elena I have not been honest with you. But I am sorry I can not tell you right now who I am or what all will happen. All I can tell you. Is this isn't the first time we have had this discussion."

Elena stood there shocked. Than she closed her eyes as a vision suddenly showed it's self.

-----------

Sexton looked at the alpha. This wasn't supposed to happen. He wasn't a bad man. It was all up to the vampire princess now. What she says will seal the fate of the whole world. And once again Sexton and his sister, Vixen, will have to step in. For if they don't they will loose their lives this time.

[][][]