Crazy

What?
       No seriously, what the hell?

The only thing I remember right now is that my parents were the so called " God and Goddess of all witches" pretty much. Oh yes, and the fact that I have to "protectors" for the rest of my life

   Not my name, not where I am, not who I'm with. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

    "Ebony?" Said Blake.
I knew it started with an E. I looked up from my lap, my mouth still wide open.
"Why?" Was all I could get out.
" You just found out that your mom is the goddess of witches and your dad is the god of warlocks and all you have to say is 'why'?"
Blake elbowed him in the stomach which in turn gave him a groan.

"Ok, this must be a long term prank," I muttered.
"It's not," they said in unison.
Yeah right. I was starting to get scared. These people must be really crazy. As quick as lightening, Blake's eyes were green. I gasped why am I not doubting this now.
"Don't be scared, Ebony."
"I just saw someones eyes change. Why would I be scared?!" I yelled with sarcasm dripping out of my words.
"Look into my eyes, it'll help."
Without having anything to lose, I looked and I immediately calmed down when they went back to honey brown.
"H-how?" I couldn't help but stutter.
"As your protection, the both of us have to make sure you are as calm and safe as you could possibly be. My eyes turn green because that's your aura. You have a pine green aura. And looking into that color eases you because you find the forest relaxing."
I was now more calm than I was when I walked into the door.
"And that how you've been essentially 'saving' me? Because you feel when I'm in danger?"
"Exactly."

I nodded my head.
I turned to Briar. "And you can see my future?" I asked him. He nodded. "My eyes don't change color but I'm also able to see from your point of view when your in danger. This time I saw you walking about 30 seconds before you saw those people on the street tonight. So, I went to find Blake but he already knew and was on the way."
I again, nodded my head. Why am I taking this so well.
"It's too early to talk much more. We will finish after we have all had some sleep. But for now, you stay here," Said Blake.
"Not gonna work, my foster mother will kill me if I don't get back soon." I started to get up.

"I'll drive you but we will pick you up in the morning," said Blake, standing up.

"Bye Briar," I said as I was walking out of the door, still unbelievably calm. Did they drug me, I feel really tired. Then again it's also almost 5:00 am. "See you Eb!" He yelled back.
I slid onto the passenger seat with ease and buckled up. The last thing I felt was the car pulling off.

"Wake up Ebony, we are here." I heard Blake say as he gently nudged me. I slowly opened my eyes and looked out the window, only to see my "house". "Thanks for the ride Mr. Evans," I stayed with a yawn, while getting out of the car.

"No problem Ebony, don't be afraid to ask ever again at all," he said with honesty in his eyes. I nodded and went up to the door.
Thank goodness it's locked. I turned to the left to see the couch only to see Victoria knocked out. She was snoring and everything.
Thank you universe. I quickly made my way to my room and got under the blankets.

I'll probably wake up and it'll all be a dream.

"EBONY!" I jolted when cold water was thrown on me. Oh no I forgot to give her the groceries.
"I would do worse but two guys who claimed they were brothers just came in saying they want to adopt a teenage girl. And I will not pass up a chance to get you out of my life since I didn't want you here in the first place. Now get up dry off and look like your not some freak of nature that you already are." She said it all in a hushed tone. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the couch.

I got out of bed, wondering what the brothers were like . Then it came back to me. No it has to be a dream. Witches don't exist and no one would want to protect me.
These "brothers" probably just want a punching bag.
I dried off and changed clothes. Alright this is it. I opened the door to the office where the "brothers" would be. I walked in and looked up
"Nope not a dream," I whispered to my self.
There in front of me stood a man who looked to be in his twenties, with semi pale skin,slightly curly light brown hair and honey colored eyes. The man next to him had a rad darker skin than the other one with dark, straight hair and dark chocolate colored eyes. Both very tall.
Blake and Briar.
"Hi, you must be Ebony. This is my brother, Briar and my name is Blake. We would love to take you into our home!" Said Blake with a sly wink. Briar himself had a smirk on.

I still hadn't said anything.
"Ebony don't be rude." Scolded Victoria.
Hypocrite.
"Uh hi I'm E-ebony." I stuttered in disbelief.
"Mrs. Victoria, do you mind if we have a moment with Ebony here, so we could maybe get to know each other," said Briar with a smile on. He winked at her when she was hesitant.
"Yes you may." She said with a smile on her face. "And it's Miss. I'm not married," she said to both of them with a wink. Ew ew ew ew.
I held back a shutter with disgust. I know she knows I'm in here.

When she closed the door, both Blake and Briar cringed. "I've known her for less than 10 minutes and I already feel uncomfortable." Said Blake. "Hey at least you didn't have to wink at her. I think I just gagged," Briar said with a face. That made me chuckle.
These guys are crazy.
"Why are you guys here?" I asked.
"We have to protect you and to protect you, we have to be under the same roof. So we are adopting you." Stated Blake.
Oh wow I forgot about that.
"Ok, lets get this done with," I said.
As of right on cue, Victoria came in.
"Would you guys like to adopt her?" She asked while giving me a look of disgust.
I eternally rolled my eyes. She makes my head hurt.
"Yes we would, are you ok with this Ebony?" Briar asked. I smiled and nodded my head.
"Are you guys sure you want, em, her?" Victoria asked again, giving me an even bigger look of disgust.
"Miss. Victoria we don't have time for you to keep asking us these silly questions. Now stop giving her dirty looks and hand us the paper work so we can adopt her now." This time it was Blake talking to her.
Wow I didn't know he could be that straight forward with people. I like this guy.
"Yes of course." Said Victoria. She had a smile on her face but her ears were red with anger.

When she exited the door I turned to Blake.
"Dang, you are the only person that's ever spoken to her like that."
"Someone has to put her in her place. Especially since she kept giving looks to the person that's the number one priority in our lives." He said with a huff.

This made me feel cared for even though I just met these two guys.

"Now, lets get you adopted." Briar said with enthusiasm.

Wow. This was really unbelievable.