Chapter-12

It's been two weeks since we were told the news of Draven being spotted.

  Everything was starting to die down, which was appreciated.

     Of course, up until now.

*******************
I woke with a jolt when I heard glass shatter.

    I turned to my window, only to see a... stone?

Of course, by now Blake and Briar were already in the room.

   Briar put me behind him while Blake walked over to the stone to inspect it.

  "Are you ok? Are you hurt? I swear to the gods and goddesses of this hurt you I'll-," Briar started.

  "I'm fine Bri." I couldn't take my eyes off that rock. Something was wrong.

   Blake finally turned to us with an odd expression around his green eyes.

  Now I could completely see the stone in his hand.

   "BACK DOOR"
Was what was carved in it.

The next thing I know, we were all walking down the stairs. With Blake holding a sword.

   "Where the hell did you get a sword?" I whispered to him.

  "That's for me to know, and you to never know." He whispered right back.

  I put my shaking head in my hand.

"This conversation is not over with." I responded back.

   We made our way to the back door when I smelled something disgusting.

  I held back a gag.
It was coming from behind the door.

  I stood behind both of the boys while they opened the door. What was behind it was enough to make my heart stop.

  In front of the back door, laid Victoria. Her face was pale and blue, her body dried in blood, and her neck was bruised and gashed. Her throat was slit.

    She had to have been dead for at least two weeks.

   My eyes rested on her arm.

"You'll be matching her soon. You're next."
Was carved in her flesh.

  I stumbled back. No.

No.

"Take her into the living room, I'll take care of this."

   I was completely numb. I didn't even feel Blake carrying me and setting me down on the couch.

  He looked at me with those green eyes.
"Sleep."

Then, it was all dark.

********************************************

   When I woke up, the sun was high up in the clouds, peaking through the window of the living room.

   Then it all came back.

The boys weren't in the room so I did what I haven't done in years, simply because I never had the energy to.

   I laid down.

And I cried.

********************************************

    BLAKES POV.

This isn't happening. We aren't letting it happen.

  I was pacing through the kitchen so I wouldn't wake Ebony up.

  Briar was still "taking care of" Victoria.

How he even figured out where we were was beside me. I was livid.

  I was holding myself back from punching anything when I heard quite sniffles feeling the air.

I mentally prepared myself before I walked into the living room.

     The scene in front of me was enough to bring me to my knees.

   If you have someone, whether it's your sister, or brother, or your absolute best friend, Hell, even a significant other, in the world, who you care for the most, then you know what it feels like when they cry.

    Like your heart is being torn into pieces.

I was never good at comforting people, but I was already making my way towards the small girl.

   Damn it, why couldn't Briar be back already? He's way better at than me.

    I sat down next to her head. Next thing I know, I put I pillow on my lap.

  I readjusted her so her head was on the pillow, now covering it with tears.

   I couldn't do anything except for run my hand through her hair, and listen to her quite cries.

     I needed to keep myself together before Briar got back.

*******************************

  A few minutes after she fell back asleep, Briar finally came back.

   "How did it go?" I whispered.
He nodded his head and didn't say anything.

  He was as angry as I was.

I knew what that meant so I carefully lifted her up and later her back down without waking her up.

  We opened a secret door that lead to the warrior training room, which we got to after a very long walk down the corridor.

  The only reason we have access to this room was to put ebony down here if we needed to, since it was full of other warriors who would know to keep her safe.

    But for the most part, we used this room to spar with other people if we needed to relieve some stress.

  We had multiple cameras in the living room and a lot of other things to make sure no one could get in the house without one of us present, so Ebony was safe.

   We would just pick a fight with humans, but since we were stronger, we didn't want to kill any of them.

  I went into one sparing ring while my brother went to a different one.

     I needed to hurt something. Briar and I will discuss what happened after so we don't accidentally break anything in the house down.

  ******************

A few hours later, we successfully beat every other warrior in there and heading back to the main part of the house.

  "How did he even find us?" Briar asked, still clearly frustrated.

"I have no clue brother."

I opened the door and walked back to the living room.

Ebony was still sound asleep.

Good, at least she was safe.

  I looked at Briar. My eyes still green since she was still scared.

"If anything hurts her, we get rid of them. Agreed?" I stated to him quietly.

   Layla could no longer hurt her because she was weaker than I goddess. Hell, all humans are.

  But gods and goddesses are a different story.
But her parents didn't choose us to watch over her daughter for no reason. We were everyone's worst nightmare except for hers.

   Her mom and dad were the strongest, and made us able to defeat gods and goddesses without being of godly blood.

                        "Agreed brother."