•Awakened•

Thames slept quietly and I watched the steady rising and falling of his chest as he breathed. His hair was a beautiful vibrant red now bringing in the orange and red undertones and making them more vibrant. Thames was now mine fully. His skin looked so translucent and luminous in the dark bedroom. A light knock on the door made me sit up. I turned with an annoyed look to see the mousey vampyre who used to work for Wendy and the horde fidget in front of me. She had short dark pixie whimsical hair and a face that reminded me of a faerie with big round icy gray eyes. "We did as you asked, m'lord.. gave you two some privacy," she said in a near whisper. "But now I am afraid it's time to figure out what we should do next."

I tossed the sheets back and stood up as she immediately turned her back to me and shut her eyes as I started to take a quick shower and get dressed leaving the bloodied white shirt on the floor and simply throwing my leather jacket on. "Also, Adalai is upset that you two used her room to fornicate in. She says she hopes you didn't break anything," the mousey vampyre added. "I forgot what was your name again..?," I asked as I squinted at her. She then turned to face me with a thin smile, "Pennie!! Pennie Darling." As she said her last name she gave a short curtsey. I rolled my eyes, "From your accent and overuse of manners I gather that you are an old century vampire I suppose." Pennie nodded, "Aye, m'lord. I would like to add that my loyalties with you are not to be questioned for I have always disagreed with what Wendy had done to the horde. Her methods.. of sacrifice never helped anything and only made things much worse." I rolled my eyes as I moved past her and she followed behind. I closed the door quietly as we walked into the living room.

Adalai folded her arms and glared at me, "Did you two have to have makeup sex in MY ROOM?!" I chuckled darkly, "That wasn't make up sex. We had never fornicated until today." She sighed and sat down, "It sounded like a miniature tornado was whirling around in that room. Knocking down all the pictures in the living room was a nice touch by the way." Pennie then spoke up, "Anyway, m'lord I like to give you a bit of good news. Wendy has not yet sent any vampyres from the horde after you. So it's safe to say our location is secure." I looked over at her, "Yeah but.. for how long? I am going to bring the fight to her. That harlequin thinks she has strength in numbers, but after my eyes fell on that horrid scene yesterday with those putrid starving adolescents in the sewers it's obvious she is starting to lose control of everything." "So, what do we do..?," Adalai asked. "Garrick was my friend.. he was like a brother even, but I never seen him so intent on harming any human for any reason."

I folded my arms casually behind my back clasping one hand tightly around my wrist, "Wendy.. she has the siren's touch when it comes to wooing or bringing anyone of masculine influence to her side. She probably had gotten into him long before the both of you met." Adalai's eyebrows lowered as she looked a little hurt, "...If that's the case I want to get him back to his senses." Pennie then placed a cup of warm blood to her lips as she began to sip on it quietly, "I know all the routes to the Devil's Den. Even the hidden ones no one really uses anymore." "That's precisely why you're not dead yet Pennie," I stated as I glanced from her to Adalai.

"As much as you don't want to lose a friend in this. I cannot guarantee it won't get messy from here on out..," I said to her. "Wendy was always on a war path of wanting to be royalty since I met her. She loves being in control. She only used dear Thames as bait to lead me astray. But, kingdoms have fallen under her rule long enough if it's a challenge she wants it's a challenge I shall give her. You either stand with me.. or not." Adalai frowned but nodded as her glowing red eyes glanced up to look at me, "I don't like your methods but that bitch has filled my friend's head with crazy thoughts of a revolution teasing with his ideas and making him think there can be a perfect world. I would love to tear her off the throne myself!!"