Part 1: Prologue

It was eleven in the morning when Yoohyeon eventually reached the village, jumping down from the train after 4 hours of travelling. She stepped in front while dragging her luggage along, looking at the scenery before her. The landscape glowed green in the light of a bright sun. The dip and influence of the land, the patterns and species of flora, the ever-changing sky and the wind. It moved Yoohyeon's light brunette hair and the ocean of spring grass all the same.

Yoohyeon breathed in the fresh air, floral fragrance illustrating a delighted smile on her face. She peered down at the letter which she was holding, perusing the name composed on it for the nth time that day.

Lee Siyeon.

Yoohyeon turned her head toward the carriages saddled with horses, trying to spot a lady which she needed to find. The letter, which she received a week ago, informed that Siyeon had blonde short hair and was in her early thirties.

Yoohyeon's gaze scrutinized the people who were also looking toward the train, probably trying to find their families or friends with their awaiting eyes.

She was already getting her hopes down when she finally spotted the blonde woman, elegantly sitting in her carriage and darting her gaze to the nature before her. Yoohyeon guessed that she was the Lee Siyeon who she had to encounter, so she started walking toward the fancy stroller, which was all black with the taints of gold, making it distinguishable from all the other white carriages that were in the line behind.

"Hello? Are you perhaps Lady Siyeon?" Asked Yoohyeon with a respectful smile on her face. The blonde woman turned her face toward the girl after hearing the sudden cheerful voice, looking down at her with her honey-coloured eyes.

"Yes? You might be Miss Yoohyeon, then." She spoke with a graceful accent, totally astonishing Yoohyeon with her matured husky voice.

"You can call me just Yoohyeon, ma'am." The young girl announced, happy that she managed to find her.

Yoohyeon didn't have a clue about this lady by any means, significantly more, she was here for the first time. She lives in town, never really having the opportunity and ought to come to the countryside, yet she became weary of the dreariness and monotony in the city, so she decided to contact any person from here who would willingly host her as a maid. Yoohyeon would remain in their home, eat their food, and just essentially live with them for the intended time, however accordingly, she needed to assist them with house errands and some fundamental stuff. Meanwhile, she would be able to make some money, too.

"Alright then, Yoohyeon. Would you climb up on the carriage? So we could go to my house." Siyeon's tender voice interrupted the young girl's thoughts, who nodded in a quick matter and went up on the two little stairs, awkwardly sitting next to the lady. Siyeon told her coachman that he could start going, the latter nodding his head and whipping the horses as the carriage started going forward. "Are you here for the first time, Yoohyeon?"

"Ah, yes, ma'am, this is my first time, so I could say that I am very excited about being here as your guest." Yoohyeon bowed her head in respect, receiving Siyeon's smile.

"I am very happy to be hosting you, too, darling. How old are you?" She asked while studying the girl's facial details.

"I am 21, madam, what about you? If it's not unrespectful for me to ask." Yoohyeon, being the inquisitive she is, asked with her nosy expression.

"Goodness, 21... That makes me twelve years older than you." She answered with a murmur, yet a smile on her face. Yoohyeon attempted to abstain from showcasing her shock, yet she was given out by the gasp she let out inadvertently.

This woman was thirty-three??

Yoohyeon took a look at the older woman's appearance, still being in shock. Siyeon's blonde hair was every hue from the white-spun sun to golden browns. Her thick eyebrows were clouding the hazel eyes that had a keen gaze, looking from the shadow of her creamy coloured cloche hat. She had no wrinkles, her face was as clean as the sky of that morning. Her sharp jawline, those full and thick lips with a rosy lip gloss... Just how could this woman be over thirty at all.