Part 5: Prunus Festival

-|=|-

Walking toward the centre of the village, Yoohyeon and Minji didn't talk that much, only communicating with delighted smiles, both happy that they had almost nine hours before midnight.

"Ah! I totally forgot!" Minji exclaimed in a scolding tone toward herself and turned to Yoohyeon, making her stop walking, too. "These are for you."

Minji cutely brought the tulips in front, the tip of the yellow petals touching Yoohyeon's clothed chest slightly.

Minji watched as Yoohyeon's face brightened and a wide smile formed on her plump lips.

Yoohyeon softly shaped her palms around the flowers, her fingers flickering the tip of the black-haired ones. "How did you know I love tulips?" She asked in a faded tone that soon turned into a soft and faint smile.

"You just remind me of them." Minji brushed off her black hair threads out of her face to look at Yoohyeon's smile more closely.

"Thank you so much, I will cherish them with my whole heart," Yoohyeon said with courage, making Minji chuckle.

"You're cute." She confessed before beginning to walk again, blushing Yoohyeon running to follow her steps but not standing too close so her red face would not be seen that easily.

"What are we going to do, now? After all, we have time until midnight;" Yoohyeon asked after they got closer to their destination place.

"We can do so much! Well... So much but we can't go near the river." Minji awkwardly scratched her head, Yoohyeon chuckling at the behaviour.

"That's alright, I can't swim anyway." Yoohyeon consoled calmly with a confectionary smile.

Minji turned her head toward the slightly taller girl with a bit of surprise "You can't?"

Yoohyeon shook her head "You would laugh at me if you saw me fishing yesterday along with Siyeon. I fell into the water after so many attempts to catch at least one fish and ended up being all wet in the end. Plus, I almost drowned myself and if there wasn't Siyeon I most possibly would!"

The black-haired girl laughed, touching Yoohyeon's arm with her palm so she would have some support.

"And then, I had to ride a horse all wet with Siyeon in the front since I have no idea how to even sit on a horse in the right way!"

"You can't swim, and you can't ride a horse??" Minji asked as if those two facts were the most shocking thing she could ever hear.

"Do not forget the fishing. That's the one I'm most horrible at." Yoohyeon pointed her finger up and shook her head with a sigh. "I know you're probably thinking that I'm way too ridiculous to not know this stuff, but it's tough to teach yourself all these when you live in town."

The older girl shook her head, slowly and peacefully continuing the walking along with Yoohyeon "I don't think you're ridiculous. Even more, hearing that makes me want to teach you all those stuff!!" She exclaimed excitedly, looking at the brunette girl with a glittery smile "Well, I can only teach you how to ride a horse, though; 'Cuz fishing and swimming are connected with water, and we're not allowed to approach the water."

They both laughed, already reaching the festival through their conversation.

From Minji to the people Yoohyeon's eyes darted, eager and wistful. At last, they lingered on one away to the left, far back from the road. She looked at the big tent that was all lit up by the small lanterns that looked royal, villagers walking around with smiles on their faces, small stands on the side where you could buy food, sweets, fruit;