Part 6: Calvados..?

It seems that a few of you guys got confused in the early chapters, so let me explain.

The text that is written sideways, like this, is Bora's diary(that Yoohyeon is reading) written in 1846, and it shows us Bora's POV of the story.

The normal text indicates today, 1858.

---

Everyone started to go home after it started to rain. It wasn't fun, really. I was disappointed to go and miss the fireworks. After all, that was the one thing that sounded fun in spending the whole day with Seonghwa.

Now, I don't say this because he's a bad guy. No, he's very nice, even. I would have just... liked to spend this festival with honesty and not pretending that I was trying to get close to him because of my father.

Oh, remembering about my father... I knew he wanted to tell some kind of speech in front of the villagers and I was sure he would be disappointed, too.

Well, it's not like he ever told me what the speech was about, though...

But jumping to the most important thing... Right when I was going back to my house along with Seonghwa, I suddenly remembered that one of my father's close friends (or colleague, I'm not really sure. It was always hard to differentiate those two words when it came to my father) has his own circus. He lives in town, not too far from this village.

He has business in Japan, too, I've been to his circus so many times when I was a kid.

And now, thinking about it... He always bragged about how his tents were waterproof.

I mean, bragging for businessmen was always no surprise, but his was particular.

He talked about it non-stop, knew no limit.

Ah, I went off-topic again. I really have to stop doing that, or else this diary will be done in only a week.

I have written about only two days so far, but with all the details and conversations, I already filled more than 20 pages!

Off-topic again...

Anyway, after getting home, I asked my dad if he could contact his brag-lover friend so he could give us that waterproof tent so maybe!! - we would take all the food and tables inside(it's a really huge tent) and the festival would continue there!

It was the first time he agreed to me without me begging for it for hours.

Well, of course, he had this very much important speech to make, too, so that might be another reason.

In an hour or so, my dad's workers were already trying to fix up that tent.

It was raining heavily, so they were all wet in the end, but I helped them lift it up(much to my dad's annoyance) so my clothes were also drenched!

Before I changed my clothes and got back to the centre along with Gahyeon holding up an umbrella for both of us, trying to keep up with my fast footsteps, villagers were already inside the tent, decorating the tables and bringing in the food.