Part 12: A Lover AND a Fighter

-=-

Siyeon was still up. With a book she was regardless of time; and in the present circumstance, Yoohyeon had a good deal of curiosity as to what the book was about. The blonde woman just looked so interested in whatever the pages had to say.

But Yoohyeon knew better than to ask.

She locked the door and slowly, quietly, began to stroll towards the stairs in an attempt to not intrude on Siyeon's reading. But the woman herself was the one who spoke up.

"Yoohyeon?" The taller girl quit moving at the quiet, hindered whisper that reached from the fireplace. She glimpsed at Siyeon, who had now closed her book and was standing right by the fireplace, resting her hand on the shelf while holding the hem of her black casual dress with the other. "There's a strawberry vanilla cake on the shelf. You must be a little hungry."

Yoohyeon stared at her bewildered, not confident if she was more stunned by the fact that Siyeon memorized her favourite flavour or the fact that she intentionally struck up a conversation with her.

"Oh... Thank you." She blinked her eyes a few times before deciding to turn around and find the cake Siyeon was talking about. Only with the thought of food in her mind she got to realize how hungry she actually was by the end of the day.

She put the cake down from the shelf and took a plate, cutting one slice for herself before glancing at Siyeon once again, who had continued reading her book. She took another plate and cut another slice before deciding to bring it to the blonde woman.

"I thought you would want some, too."

Siyeon's eyes that glanced up at Yoohyeon through the blonde locks shone fiercely, reflecting the orange flames of the fire. There was silence upon their existence at that moment, only the wood-burning sounds filling the small living room. Yoohyeon fidgeted with her plate in her hands, before deciding to turn back around, but Siyeon had other ideas.

"Sit down. Let's eat together."

The day Yoohyeon arrived in this village, she wouldn't even consider the idea of eating cakes along with Lady Siyeon almost at past midnight, sitting in her living room while watching the fire.

But there she was now.

She took a bite of the cake, staring right in front towards the fireplace while trying not to move too much.

"Don't be so tense" Siyeon's voice was much softer than any other time Yoohyeon had heard of it. She liked it. She felt safe. She wasn't scared. She was sad. She was sorry.

Out of nowhere, she felt a bump in her throat, her eyes burning while trying to fight back the feelings. She didn't want to get emotional in front of Siyeon, but the want of hugging the older woman was stronger than anything else.

So... She did.

She put the plate on the small wooden table that was in front of them and fell on her knees right before Siyeon, hugging her waist while putting her head in her lap and her eyes filled with tears once again, maybe for the hundredth time that week.

Siyeon was taken aback, brows knitted together high on her forehead as she looked down at the young girl's head in her lap, her long arms strongly secured around her waist as her shoulders were starting to shake uncontrollably.