Part 11: A Lover not a Fighter

It was all clear, really, that Siyeon was still furious about everything that had happened, and Yoohyeon knew very well how to keep her distance when needed.

That night, it was a surprise when Siyeon decided to open up even just a little bit, but Yoohyeon knew that didn't change anything. She was still at fault, she had still messed up.

After Siyeon's painful confession and the hug they shared, there was so much Yoohyeon wanted to ask, but she was happy that Siyeon was willing to even let her stay in her house again. So, she decided to keep quiet. And almost two weeks passed like that. In complete, awkward silence between them two.

Though, Yoohyeon was quick to find other hobbies. She decided to take cleaning the house seriously, she started taking care of Siyeon's garden more often(maybe because the owner herself was too busy to interfere), and sometimes, she helped Eli and Minji with their fields.

March slowly came to an end while April arrived with its moody weather swings. If it was not raining, then it was windy, or sometimes, it was both at the same time. Yoohyeon always said how she was fond of rain, but it never occurred to her how even rain could be very much draining. And when she couldn't go out at all, she would sit in her tiny attic, sitting in front of the already so much familiar and colourful window and read a book. She didn't dare to touch Bora's books, the ones she found in the suitcase along with the diaries, and nonetheless, she wouldn't be able to since that case, now, was resting under Siyeon's bed, along with the books and the diaries. So, even though she was trying to give Siyeon her space, she made one exception and asked her if she could choose some books from her library sometimes. Siyeon's answer was a nod and a hum of agreement before going to her room, but Yoohyeon didn't feel hurt by that.

The only thing she could do is to feel sorry.

People say that you don't appreciate something until you lose it. Yoohyeon never really agreed with that; there have been moments of shameless appreciation in her past just for the sake of it, as opposed to an awareness of the finite nature of things. She agrees with it now, however, because as much as she appreciated the beauty and comfort of Bora's words, she has taken sight for granted her entire life, and now she no longer has it.

And feeling this utter loneliness caused only by the loss of someone's words she hasn't even met, she can't think of how much Siyeon would be hurting. How much she is hurting. And oh, Yoohyeon could see all of it tainted on her beautiful, pale face that stayed always serene, the vision of natural beauty stemming and flowering from a heart entrenched in the valuing of life.

It was Minji's birthday not too long ago, and Yoohyeon gave her flowers picked from the garden. It was not much, but Minji was the happiest.

The two of them have found an intense closure none of them really knew the meaning of and it was not like they were willing to find out any time soon. They just enjoyed the feelings each of them brought with their presence and, really, friendship like this was everything they have been dreaming about.

It was just hard for them to realize that they needed even more.

"Hey,"

Yoohyeon was busy with all the rapid thoughts flowing in her mind when she heard Siyeon's voice.

"Oh, hello. When did you get back?" She put the book down and gazed at the blonde woman who put down the groceries on the table.

Siyeon didn't answer.

Yoohyeon stood up and walked into the kitchen, starting to put the fruit down into the basket. She peaked towards Siyeon who was now taking off her coat, having her back towards the younger girl.