Part 3: Fireflies

A delicate knock on the entryway awakened Yoohyeon from her profound rest, Siyeon popping her head inside after a second. "Yoohyeon?" She called softly.

"Yeah..?" The younger girl answered with a hoarse voice, making an honest effort to open her eyes.

"I would have rather not awakened you, yet uhm... It's nearly noon, I figured you would be hungry." Said the blonde lady amenably, clearly feeling exceptionally terrible for awakening her visitor. Yoohyeon jumped up on the mattress with a gasp subsequent to hearing Siyeon's words, falling out of bed with a loud bang after a minute. "Goodness! Are you alright??"

Yoohyeon looked beside at the diaries, quickly flipping the blanket over them so Siyeon couldn't spot them. "Y-Yes, ma'am. I will be down in a matter of seconds." She quickly nodded her head.

"Alright, honey, don't hurry." Siyeon turned around with a smile and closed the door behind her.

Yoohyeon breathed out, taking the blanket and looking at Bora's diary which she was reading yesterday night, thinking what would Siyeon do if she saw it. But she was definitely relieved that she didn't have to find that out.

After a minute of sitting on the floor in her pyjamas, she stood up and started to get ready, feeling ashamed that she slept for this long when lady Siyeon wakes up at 6 in the morning every day.

"Finally up, young lady?" Siyeon asked teasingly while she was setting the table for her.

Yoohyeon walked to her feeling ashamed, starting to help her without saying anything. "I'm so sorry, ma'am, it's the first time I sleep here and I wake up 5 hours later after you do," Yoohyeon said in embarrassment, putting down the plate and sitting down. "I swear I usually wake up way earlier, it's just that I fell asleep really late yesterday, and I--"

"It's okay, Yoohyeon, you're good. I totally get it, it is always tough to sleep in a new place and a new bed on the first night, I am also like that." Siyeon said with a smile and sat in front of Yoohyeon, them both starting to eat. "And please stop calling me ma'am, I know I'm much older than you but I would rather be informal; just be casual and call me Siyeon."

Yoohyeon nodded her head, biting off the bread she was holding and giving the blonde woman a small smile. "Alright, then, enjoy your breakfast, Siyeon."

The latter gave out a laugh, confusing Yoohyeon "You too, darling, but it's already lunch most probably." Yoohyeon's cheeks reddened as she continued eating quietly, making Siyeon laugh even more.

After they were done eating, Yoohyeon helped with the dishes and did a few chores with Siyeon.

"Hey Yoohyeon, do you like cakes?" Siyeon asked all of a sudden after they were done cleaning, receiving a quick nod from the tall girl. "Come on here, then, I have a really delicious one for you. I got it in the town yesterday while waiting for your arrival."

"Oh my, miss Siyeon, you bought the one I love the most!" Yoohyeon said in her brightest grin after spotting the strawberry vanilla cake.

"I am more than glad to hear that, but what did I say about honorifics??" Siyeon reminded.

"Ah, I am sorry, it's still not usual for me to do that." Yoohyeon apologized before Siyeon gave out a chuckle.

"Am I really that old??" She laughed "You won't get the cake before you drop the formality with me."

Yoohyeon gasped "No!! Of course you are not old, Siyeon!" Yoohyeon learnt the lesson and sneaked behind the blonde woman slyly, taking the plate of a cake with a devilish smile from her hand.

"Oho, look at you, you little sneaky!" Siyeon gave out a good laugh, taking a bite of her own slice of cake.

Yoohyeon smiled while tasting the cake, naturally closing her eyes and letting out a satisfactorily sound. "I love strawberry flavoured sweets so much. Especially this cake and the strawberry bonbon candies, god those are heaven." Yoohyeon shook her head, still enjoying her cake.