4. Gloomy Fire

Nakul's POV:-

I take her near the fire. She is still sobbing. She doesn't say a word too, she silently sit there. After our marriage night, I never saw her silent. I witness her silence only once

••••••••••••••••••••••••
As I entered the room, the door closed automatically. My eyes begin to roam throughout the room. I noticed that the room is well decorated with little glowing lamp, aromatic flowers and curtains. Suddenly my gaze fixed on Krishnaa. She was sitting on the middle of the bed with red dress and light but decorated jewellery. I had seen her whole day during marriage rituals but at that moment, she was looking very different. I move near to her, me too was very tensed because as it was very tough situation for both of us, specially for her. Our marriage was very different from other, there everyones perspective, feelings, duty and emotions were very important. After a lot of thinking, I knew about my duty. I went and sat beside her. I look at her. She was silent die to shy. Her shyness was clearly oozing out through the movement of her hands. After a long moment, I broke the silence, "I don't know that Panchal princess is also feel shy!"
Her eyes meet my eyes, a sudden smile spread throughout her lips. But suddenly, her eyes closed, her cheeks turns red and her smile extinguish by the puffy red cheeks.
I realised that she needs time. I said, "Princess, just take time. I am not in hurry. We together have to walk through the path of life."
After telling this, I turns. Suddenly, I heard a fast tingling sound and felt that she grabbed my palm. I turn back to her. Her shyness of eyes turns into fear, she shook her head. I couldn't understand what makes her so fearful. She was really tensed. I smiled and nod my head. Then, her smile begins and never ends before this evil Dyutsabha. Her silence broke by our constant chatting. Her face was sparkling on that gloomy lamps.
••••••••••••••••••••••••
But today, her face is looking pale on this gloomy fire.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Arjun's POV:-
They shattered my Krishnaa. They humiliated her, abused her in front of our eyes. And we can't do anything except bearing that. The wall of the hall were pierced by her cry. She beg justice from us again and again. And we, who never return any needy person but we failed on that day. We, who took vow to protect our Panchali but we broke it when she needed it most. We silently listened the nasty words thrown to her. Bhrata Bhim only protest her but still that couldn't stop the torture occuring on her.

I have no courage to look on her face. The love on her eyes erased out, there is only a harsh fire burning on her heart and a pain oozing out from her eyes in form of tears. I know, she wouldn't forgive us and we deserve it.

After coming to forest, she refuses to eat, she deny to drink a sip of water too. She even tried to move away in front of us. I can't bear anymore her tearful eyes. She, an innocent, still those evils tortured her. I just want to see her comfortable, want to heel all her pain and painful memories.

After consolation of Nakul, she come silently and sit near the fire. Her eyes are swollen, lips dries up and a restlessness is clearly visible on her face. Her eyes are constantly looking towards the burning fire. The whole woods turn silent, only the burning sound is reminding the presence of time. Stars of sky are covered with hazy, black clouds. A little, sickle moon was visible on the early evening, but that too went in slumber.

Her eyes are full of tiredness. He lift her knees up, folds her arms up on the knee and rest her head on it. She is still looking on the glossy yellow fire. After some time, she turn her head from the fire, began to look towards the dark depth of woods, just like she is trying to find a impenetrable shelter to find herself.
Slowly, her eyes closes. Her thoughts snatching all my love, immerses into the depth of woods. She has fallen asleep. Her silent movement due to continuous breath, half-open lips, mostly close eyes force me to fall in love again with her. But I don't know that she would allow me again or not!

Night began to pass like the movement of tortoise. She is still sleeping. But now, gusty of heavy, harsh wind begin to blow. It was long time passes after leaving our forest life, we still know about it, the night storm, wild nature and unwanted troubles, fear and so on. But she? She never seen one night of woods also. How could she will spend this twelve years long period? My heart is thrilling with fear.

Suddenly a cold breeze make her shiver. Her slumber breaks. She lift her head and look at me with squeezing eyes. Winds make the fire very dim. On that dim light, I notice that she is shivering with cold. Jyesth and Sahadev is standing near the river and looking at the flowing water. I couldn't find bhrata Bhim and Nakul, they might go in search of some resources for tomorrow to continue our journey.
I move towards her, put my cloak around her and wrap my hand around her so that the cloak doesn't fall due to wind. Slowly I feel the deep, comfortable breath of Panchali. She rest her head on my chest and utters in a low voice, "Arya-?"
I feel it from my heart and hug back her more tightly.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥