A Sudden Romance

Vkook Fluff OneShot~ (unedited)

Where Taehyung comes home from his two month business trip, only to greet his crying best friend in the living room of the apartment they share

  Sighing, Jungkook bites on his lower lip in anticipation. He had been waiting, waiting for what seemed like forever for his best friend to come back home. He missed the man's bright, boxy smile, the adorable laugh that seeped its way out of his lips, the gentle crease of his eyes whenever he giggled, the weird expressions he made, and most of all, his gentle touches against Jungkook's skin when they cuddled at night.

  Yea, Jungkook missed it a lot. But that wasn't the reason why Jungkook was so anxious for Taehyung to arrive. Sure, he missed the boy dearly, but something else more important clouded his mind. Jungkook had a crush on Taehyung, a pretty damn big one at that. He had waited for the perfect time to tell him, but always chickened out on the last minute. He planned on doing it as soon as Taehyung stepped through the apartment, but he couldn't stop thinking about all the possibilities of what would happen.

Will he hate me?

What if he kicks me out?

He probably has a girlfriend!

Why would he like me of all people?

  Jungkook grew nervous with all these thoughts and sucked in his breath when he heard his phone chime. He slowly lifted his phone to his face and looked over the message, about ready to shit hismelf once he read what it said.

  'Hey Kookie! I miss you <3 I'm in the cab on the way to the apartment. I'll be there in 30! Save me a big hug for when I'm there~'

  Jungkook couldn't help but grin at the message, a giggle bubbling from his mouth as he curled up against the couch in his fluffy, white sweater that draped below his knees.

"I can't wait till' he's here...but at the same time I'm not ready. Not ready to confess to him...I can't back out now.." He whispered to himself.

  As Jungkook waited, he plugged in his earphones and played one of his favorite songs by his all time idol, Park Hyo Shin. The singer always calmed him down at times like these and he was thankful for his music. As of now Goodbye was strumming through his ears and he closed his eyes. He then began to think about what Taehyung would say once he confessed, but the thoughts weren't good. He didn't want to mess up their year friendship over his dumb crush on the older.

  Without knowing, Jungkook began to cry. Tears streaming down his cheeks and his sniffles increased. His coughs echoed throughout the seemingly empty apartment, and he felt as if the music had rose in volume. It was the only thing he could hear. Not even the sound of someone calling his name repeatedly.

  Taehyung had unlocked the door with the biggest smile on his face, only for it to drop when seeing his best friend crying on the couch. He looked...

miserable    heartbroken       helpless

  Three things Taehyung hated to see on Jungkook. He immediately dropped his luggage and lunges forward, almost tackling Jungkook as he ripped the earphones from out of his ears. He pulled the younger into a tight hug, his fingers finding their way through the small hairs on Jungkook's head, and caressing them gently.