iv. ( beverly's house pt. 2 )

MISSING!

MELISSA FLORES HAD just finished changing. it felt nice to finally get out of those worn out clothes. the girl was placed in front of the mirror as she stared at her reflection.

it flickered from what beverly saw to her present appearance. the reflection stopped, going back to normal. she could see the loosened flower-print dress that covered her body, keeping her at a certain level of warmth.

her white orbs trail over to her hair. it was drenched with a nasty looking liquid substance. her hair was tangled into knots and she badly needed a trim. maybe even a hair cut.

her eyes next led her to the scissors that beverly used to chop majority of her hair off. melissa wasn't sure what it was that sparked a sudden wave of confidence over her but she felt the need to grab them and do something similar to what her redheaded friend did.

she grabbed a hold of the sharp ended object with her grip tightly held on them as she steadied herself. carefully, the girl lifted a portion of her hair.

adjusting herself to where she could cut it straight across, she took a deep breath and quickly chopped a piece off. she looked up at the mirror, eyeing what she had done.

her hair was now shoulder length and she was holding the part she cut off. it was for the best. the girl longed for a new look anyway.

she repeated the action several times until she was almost unrecognizable. the brunette grabbed a brush that she had noticed and began brushing out any remaining tangles.

the hair was thrown away with beverly's. she looked at the mirror one last time, finding herself with the same long hair she had before. but that didn't bother her the most.

she had color in her eyes. they were a vibrant blue. her parents appeared from behind her, smiling as they looked at their daughter via mirror.

melissa was almost led to believe that everything was going to return back to normal. keyword; almost. her fingers brushed the mirror frame, the cold feeling washing over her again.

she stared at her parents and nearly drowned in sadness. she wanted to be with them again. letting the possibility of them being real take over her mind, she turned around.

they were gone. it was like they had vanished when she needed them the most. melissa expected it in a way. it was only a figment of her imagination and that's all it ever will be.

she'll never be reunited with them, the chances were slim. the girl stared at where they once were before facing the mirror again. her eyes were lowered to the sink. she sighed and raised her head.

she had no reflection this time. realization hit her and it hit her hard. she was dead, there was no doubt of that. she wasn't real anymore. melissa flores is dead.

gone forever. she was only back to help out with the ones who deserved it the most. there was no bringing back the only child of the flores'.

well, that was what she had thought. it was the only thing that could've ever made sense to her. she believed that she was only here for that very purpose and she wasn't living anymore.

but she was very much so alive. it was only the fact that nobody had come to save her when she was floating around in the cold and silenced sewers.

she was never dead in the first place. only mesmerized by a trance that the clown put her in. trapped by the deadlights.

it was fate that had to come and save her.

BEVERLY MARSH WAS waiting on her friend for what felt like an eternity. it was only ten minutes but it felt a lot longer. she perked up once she heard the sound of light footsteps pounding onto the ground.

as the girl finally made it to her bedroom she nervously peeked inside. beverly noticed her hair almost instantly. "you cut it?" she asks, shock lacing her words.

the smaller girl nodded before walking into the room and putting her old clothing onto her dresser. she sat down where she sat previously and chewed on the inside of her cheek.

"it looks great." she complimented. "i'm glad we both cut it. a nice change was long overdue anyway."

melissa softly smiled at the ginger. bev returned it, looking around her room. finally, after a long moment of silence, mel spoke again.

"hey bev?" she says in order catch beverly's attention. "yes?" bev answers. melissa bit her lip in consideration. she just needed the reassurance.

"promise me."

the blue eyed girl looked confused. "promise you what?" she asks. melissa shifted her body to face her. "promise me we'll be friends no matter what."

beverly made eye contact with the girl, putting all of her trust into her. it was an unusual thing for them but she recited the two words anyway.

"i promise."