v. ( the quarry )

MISSING!

"MEL, WAKE UP!" was all that the tired brunette heard before opening her eyes. memories flood into her mind, reminding her of why she was here and how she got here.

the girl was faced to a redhead who she now called her best friend. the sunlight shone through the window, practically blinding the two girls.

melissa took notice to beverly's outfit. it was similar to hers. she cracked a smile at the thought before getting up.

"good morning, bev. what are you dressed up for?" mel asks, forgetting that the ginger was invited to the quarry with the boys.

the ocean eyed girl grabbed a fresh pair of shoes and handed them to her guest. the girl standing before her was confused.

"the quarry. don't you remember?" she reminded as she went around the room and grabbed random necessities. she stuffed it all in a bag and handed mel a hairbrush.

"they invited you, not me. i'm not sure if they would even want me there anyway." melissa was unsure about going. the only person that even confirmed their friendship was stan.

"of course they want you there. maybe they just forgot to invite you or assumed that you would come anyway since i was." she suggested with a small shrug.

melissa was put onto the idea that they didn't invite her for a clear reason. "or maybe they don't want me there at all. why don't you just go and i'll stay here to... adjust myself a bit more."

beverly huffed. the girl was being very stubborn as of right now. "put the shoes on and finish brushing your hair. they aren't like that, mel."

"how would you know? you only really ever pay attention to bill." the fire-headed girls' eyes widened at the words that slipped out of her best friends mouth.

"no i do not! i know all of them very well and they would never hurt you. especially not intentionally." she defensively argued.

"well they already think I'm super weird. i mean come on, who would want a random girl like me hanging out with them?" she points out.

"you never know until you try." beverly attempted to persuade the girl, plastering a desperate look on her face that just screamed the word 'please'.

melissa groaned before accepting the shoes and brush. bev now had a victorious smile as she packed double for mel. she even managed to sneak a boombox to play music there.

the two girls made it outside, the brunette having a nervous look on her face. she absolutely hated the feeling of being excluded or not being accepted by others.

it was the worst feeling anyone could ever experience according to the girl.

on their way there, melissa began talking. she tended to talk for hours nonstop when she was nervous. "you know, i could kind of feel my eyes rolled into the back of my head."

"you know, because of the condition." it all came out of the blue, but melissa kept going. "it doesn't hurt but if i try hard enough i can see inside of my eye socket. it's pretty disgusting."