Chapter 6: Hurt

"Do you realize how much damage you have brought upon the world, Salem?! You have gone mad!"

"I'm only giving this world what it truly deserves, Lucian. Erasing humanity was the only way to rush the process."

"What process?! The only 'process' I see is you bringing hurt in his heart! Reality isn't within our grasp, and you must accept that!"

"You were the one who wanted perfection first. You shared your interest with me. We could have worked together to bring a better outcome, but now you want to give up on it?! I was right all along. You really are a coward."

"...He will defeat you."

"Please. My darkness is within his heart, and yours is to his brother's. As I told him, when you are a god...you need to make the most gruesome decisions."

"...You'e become avaricious, Salem. He will defeat you. Him and his brother."

"Maybe, or maybe not. Either way...I will make sure he will see what the world truly is, and your guidance will give them nothing."

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Luigi slowly opened one of the castle doors as he looked around. He didn't see any of the guards. It was quiet...too quiet. He slowly took a few steps inside as he looked around, but he gasped in surprise as he heard the door shut behind him.

"M-Mario? Are you here? You didn't come home last night, and I'm getting worried about you!" He called out to him, but he didn't receive an answer from him. He didn't like the quiet atmosphere at all. It troubled him considering the fact that he didn't hear Mario's voice answer him at all, and how late it was when Luigi went to bed and Mario didn't come back...he got concerned that he was pushing himself to know more about this information.

"Luigi?" Luigi jumped a little as he quickly turned around, and he saw the princess standing at the doorway with a soft blue blanket in her hands.

"U-Uh, hey princess.." He greeted nervously, not knowing for sure if she was affected by the darkness or not. Peach saw this and she walked over to him.

"Don't worry Luigi. I'm still me." She assured. "I saw the professor yesterday...but he definitely didn't look happy."

"Yep, he definitely tried to fight his anger." Luigi said worriedly as he looked away. Peach saw this and she put her hand on his shoulder.

"It'll be okay, Luigi." She assured him. "We'll find a way to make everything back to normal. I promise."

"...Yeah, you're right." Luigi smiled a little. "Thanks, Princess."

"Sure thing, Luigi." She smiled. However, she frowned as she remembered why she had this blanket in her hand. "But...do you know what's wrong with Mario?"

"I-Is he okay?" He asked concerned. Peach had a worried look on her face as she gestured Luigi to follow her as she made her way down the hallway towards the library as he crossed his arms as if he was cold as he followed her.

When they made it to the Library, she pointed at one of the tables in the room as Luigi looked towards her direction, and he gasped as his eyes widened. Mario was slouched over the table as his head was laid in his arms as a pillow, and he was asleep.

"Big bro!" He tried to run towards him, but Peach put her hand on his shoulder, stopping him as he looked up at her.

"Don't wake him." She said. "When I tried he wouldn't move. He even struggled when I tried to stand him up."