Chapter 26: The Awakening

"Mario! Where are you?!"

Dreamy Luigi continued to run down the rocky and snowy path as he quickly looked around for the dreamy counterpart of his brother. Somehow, he could feel his pain, and it felt as if he was being tortured which made him worry so much more than usual. With almost every step he took, he could feel that pain increase more and more.

He stopped in the middle of a clearing as he quickly looked around. It was an area he's never really been in. Their way nothing but snow and gravel around him as he quickly looked around. He also had his hands clenched into fists and he had his eyes shut trying to hear his brother. He focused...from the sound of the wind...the snowflakes gently falling on him...the sound of his heartbeat...

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Dreamy Luigi snapped his eyes open, and he quickly looked where the sound came from...on one of the mountains. He could make out a small red blur curled up like a kitten as they had both their hands on their head as their was snow around him.

"M-Mario!" He quickly ran in front of the small mountain and he grunted as he quickly started to jump up towards him. He almost lost his footing, but he managed to keep his balance as he continued to jump. Good thing he was a high jumper. Seconds later, he made it to the top, and he saw his brother. Only...his clothes were different, back to normal.

He was back to wearing his signature red shirt, bright blue overalls, brown shows, white gloves, and he still had his signature 'M' hat on his head. Dreamy Luigi quickly ran to his brother as he knelt down beside him.

"Mario! Hey!" He put both of his hands on his shoulders. But when he did that...he screamed.

"S-STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Mario shoved Dreamy Luigi away as he quickly sat up and started to fearfully scoot back away from him as he was breathing very heavily. Dreamy Luigi was very shocked at this. Never in his entire life has he seen his brother so...broken, as if it was a shard of broken glass. It hurt him seeing him this way.

"Mario...it's okay." He assured him as he slowly stood up and put his arms out like he was surrendering. "Everything's alright. I-I'm here to help you."

"N-NO!" Mario quickly stood up as he started to back away. "D-DON'T COME CLOSER! I-I'LL HURT YOU!"

"W-What are you talking about?" Dreamy Luigi asked nervously. "Mario, I'll be okay. You just have to trust me. Whatever that goddess showed you, it's not real."

"Y-YES IT IS!" He exclaimed. "S-SHE KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT, LUIGI! SHE CAN SEE THE FUTURE! T-THAT'S HER POWER!"

"!" Dreamy Luigi became shocked hearing this. If Salem wished for the power to erase a person's memories, that means...Alessia wished for the power to glimpse into the future. This wasn't good at all. So that means that whatever she showed Mario...

'Is the truth...' Dreamy Luigi had to take seconds to digest this information. Will Luigi really hurt Mario? Will Mario really hurt Luigi? Even with the strongest bond...will it truly shatter just like Lucian said? Dreamy Luigi shook his head as he looked at Mario.

"Bro...it'll be okay." He tried to assure as he slowly started to approach Mario. However, with every step he took, Mario would would only back away from him like he was a scared little kid. His hands were trembling, his knees were shaking, it looked like he was about to faint.