Chapter 19: Right And Wrong

"So...the princess got her voice stolen from this 'Cackletta' witch, she possessed Bowser's body, and you have defeated her to stop her from conquering Beanbean kingdom, and your kingdom as well?"

Mario, Lucian, and Peach were still flying their way towards the Beanbean kingdom as Mario and Peach explained to Lucian how they both know it, and what happened in it. Lucian was surprised by this story, yet he also felt intrigued by it. They also explained to Peach about why they need go to Beanbean kingdom, but that was only a short explanation.

"It...wasn't easy." Mario said as he had his hands behind his head as he was floating on his back. "Cackletta with Bowser's body was...not pretty." Mario shuttered at the memory of her appearance.

"Because of that, Cackletta actually called herself 'Bowletta'," Peach added. "She wanted to open the Beanstar with my voice. That's why she stole it in the first place."

"That seems...quite strenuous." He said. "Stealing your voice, and replacing it with that kind of vocabulary. Forgive me, Princess, but I would find that very irksome."

"I'm not offended, Lucian." Peach assured. "Besides, I found it annoying too." They both looked over at Mario who was staring up at the sky with a little worry on his face as he sighed a little.

"Mario? What's wrong?" Peach asked worriedly.

"It's just...I can't believe I'm saying this, but..." Mario glanced at the ground. "I'm worried about Bowser.."

"The one who has brought the attack upon your kingdom?" Lucian asked.

"It's weird for it coming out of my mouth, but...yeah. Sure, he's a pain in the neck, but there were times we actually had to team up." He said. "As we told you, he gave us a ride to get over to Beanbean...even though we crashed halfway there..." He muttered that last sentence.

"But even when we hated each other we still did...good, as a team." He said. "He can survive falling into lava multiple times, so I shouldn't be worried...but I am. I don't know if he's even in the Mushroom Kingdom anymore. I just...*sigh*...I just hope he's not hurt after what Salem did to him. What...I did to him."

"...I sense you have told Luigi this as well?" Lucian asked, and he nodded his head.

"Mario, whatever happened with Bowser wasn't your fault." Peach said. "Salem was the one who really started the fight. Bowser's strong. He can handle whatever the world throws at him. He'll survive, I know he will. You just need to have hope into him, okay?"

"..." Mario looked up at the sky for a moment and he smiled as he closed his eyes. "Yeah, you're right. Thanks, Peach."

"You're welcome, Mario." She said.

"..." Lucian looked back and forth between Mario and Peach for a moment and he frowned as he materialized his locket in his hands, and he opened it as he looked at the small picture inside of it, and he bit the bottom part of his lip.

"You've been looking at that picture a lot."

Lucian sighed a little as he shook his head.

'...They are very important to me.'

"Salem, and her. But...how exactly can you forget someone you worked with?"

'I am afraid I do not hold the answer. I know she is important to me. She has to be! I-I...I have no idea why it is hurting me...but I do wish to find the answer to it. I...I need to remember her name. I must remember her name.'