Epilogue

"So, Al. What happens now?"

Lucian, Salem, and Alessia were all sitting on one of the hills in the Undying Valley as they were watching the sunset in front of them. However, for Alessia...she knew it wasn't going to last long. This was what Salem was asking.

"I wasn't suppose to come back in the first place." She said. "When I fought Peach, she won. And then I used her heart as my own for me to live until the war was over. Since it is...my time's up."

"I thought you had to keep balance in the Twilight." Lucian said. "What will happen once you fade?"

"...That's what I'm afraid of." She admitted. She looked down at her hand. "Salem ended me...yet I managed to take form when I went into Peach's heart. You could say I used her as my vessel. As long as I'm connected to Peach...I'm alive."

"Then why go so soon?" Salem asked. "You're still livin' and breathin'. We just got back together, and now you have to go?"

"You know it's not right, Salem." She said. "And besides, I was what hurt Lucian before. I was draining you from the start, Lucian. It's my fault you were hurt...and I don't want to put you through that again."

"Hmm.." Lucian cupped his hands together as he closed his eyes. "I may not have no memories of you, Alessia...but I can tell by your words you are speaking the truth. Even if I do not remember you, I know you are still a friend to us."

"Light's right." Salem agreed. "It's true he doesn't remember, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have those memories. If you can really disconnect yourself from Peach, if this is really what you want...we won't stop you."

"..." Alessia let out a soft sob as she wiped a tear from her eye. "I-I don't want this...but it's the right thing to do. Peach needs to live her life without me in it. I have to break the connection between my heart and hers."

"...There must be a way to save you." Lucian said as Salem and Alessia looked at him. "Can the Star Sprits help you? You and Salem have already explained who you are, so...there must be a way for you to live in your own body."

"..." Alessia looked away, taking these words into consideration. "There could be.

But even if I was disconnected from Peach...there still wouldn't be an exact way to make me complete. My heart isn't complete because of my end from Salem. You could say my heart is a copy from Peach. But...I don't exactly know how I can to complete myself. With the help from you two...I just don't know if it'll work..."

"Hey! Let's not get sappy like this!" Salem said, wrapping his arm around Alessia's waist as he pulled her close. "We just gotta have confidence...and time. We'll find a way. I know we will. For now, let's not think about it. Let's just relax."

"Yeah...relax." Alessia agreed, leaning her head into Salem's shoulder. Lucian smiled seeing the duo like this...until it formed into a smirk.

"You know, I thought love was not your forte, Salem." Lucian smirked as Salem and Alessia blushed.

"S-Shut up!" He said, playfully shoving him.

"Why should I? Shall I tell the Star Spirits about your...relationship?"

"Oh! That's it! Come here you little bugger!" Lucian laughed as he quickly stood up and ran around as Salem was chasing him. Alessia giggled seeing this childish behavior come from them. She almost forgot about this side of them. She loved how naive they can sometimes be. She missed it. She then looked up at the sky with a small smile on her face.

"I hope we can see you again, Mario and Luigi." She said. "You really did Salem and Lucian a strong favor. They definitely owe you." She put her hand on her chest as she closed her eyes.