Chapter 33: No Matter What

Mr.L yelled as he blasted green thunder at Lucian, but he moved out of the way and blasted him with light. However, Oiram got in front of him, and spun his scythe, reflecting it back to him. He then jumped up and tried to attack him, but Lucian put his scepter up to block it, but Oiram's attack was strong enough to break through his guard. He then swung his scythe as a wave of darkness hit him as he stumbled a little. Mr.L then jumped up and punched Lucian as he grunted in pain.

Lucian growled in annoyance and he raised his scepter as multiple swords shrouded in light appeared. Lucian pointed his scepter at the two and the swords headed straight towards them. Mr.L and Oiram looked at each other and they nodded their heads. Mr.L grabbed Oiram's arm as they both spun around and it deflected all the swords away from them. As a finisher, Mr.L threw Oiram straight at Lucian, but he only snickered and he blasted light right at his chest and he screamed in pain as he lost his balance and fell on the floor.

Lucian smirked as he blasted auras of light at him, but Mr.L was quick enough to grab Oiram and roll out of the way. He then took out a mushroom out of his pocket.

"Get up!" He tossed the mushroom to him and Oiram caught and ate it in one swallow. He sighed in relief and he jumped up onto his feet saying a small "Thanks!" to him. Mr.L and Oiram than ran on both sides of Lucian and they equally attacked him. However, Lucian was able to dodge and block most of their attacks. Even without the shield, he was still able to barely get a hit. Lucian spun his scepter at Mr.L, pushing him back and he blasted him with light and Mr.L looked behind himself, and saw he was on the edge of the platform. However, his eyes widened seeing an aura of light hit him and he screamed as he fell off the platform. Oiram saw this and he gasped.

"Luigi!" Oiram sprouted his black wings on his back and he quickly flew towards him off the platform. He reached out towards him as Mr.L did the same. They could only get each other's fingertips, but they still managed to grab each other.

"Gotcha!" Oiram said, getting a full grip on his hand and they both flew back to the platform. When they got there, their eyes widened seeing multiple rays of light and darkness heading towards them.

"This isn't going well, L!" Oiram said as he dodged one of them.

"Just shut up and dodge!" Mr.L exclaimed, trying his best to dodge the rest of Lucian's attacks.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Peach, Bowser, Salem, and Alessia just witnessed what happened with Mr.L as he fell off the platform. They were getting a little worried, seeing that now Lucian really wasn't holding anything back. Salem and Alessia were more worried about this as well. Who knows how much power he's using just to end the Mario Bros? And who knows if Mario and Luigi can really survive this?

"I can tell things aren't going good." Salem said.

"Yeah, especially since the amount of power Lucian is using." Alessia said. "What can we do?"

"We have to help them!" Peach exclaimed suddenly as the three looked at her.

"Peach, I don't think even I can live through all of that!" Bowser said. "He's really showing a big deal about this, and besides I don't think you'd even last through that either."

"But Lucian will hurt them if we don't do something!" Peach exclaimed. "We have to get up there and help them!"

"And risk getting yourself killed? I don't think so!" Bowser said. "Besides, I don't see what we could do now that we're down here."