Chapter 11

Music♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

[T/N: Salut! Comment vas-tu? Je vais comme-ci, comme-ça. (Hi! How are you? I'm fair-ish~.) Anyways, I just want to give y'all a heads up that this chapter was quite different from the remake... Chapter 11 from the remake had already happened in chapter 10 of this version, and the remaining similar plots coming from chapter 12 of the remake had also happened on this versions previous chapter. So... this was basically like the beginning of the brand new chapters 'til we reached the final. Nevertheless, Happy Reading...]

*****  

*****

I could describe my compelling catnaps as my only sweet freedom from the uncertainties of the world

I could describe my compelling catnaps as my only sweet freedom from the uncertainties of the world. In my dreams I could escape, could even bargain for some needed relief, considering that after a few seconds of waking up would propel me back to the obliviousness of my anxieties once more. I would enjoy that brief respite of time before my troubles burst to the forefront of my retreating mind. But perhaps embracing chaos might be the journey I could take to finding my own peace. As my consciousness ebbed, my mind went into a still unrestricted tumble, swirling with the beautiful chaos of a new dream.

"NINI~..."

I heard a muffled voice echoing from my backdrop, just as a warm caress permeated my face. Am I dreaming or hallucinating? All I could distinguish was that I knew that sweet voice.

"Hmmn~..." I groaned, as I tried to open my still lethargic eyes that were demanding its best shot to fine-tune from the numbing light. Sensing that my eyes attuned, I tried to peek at my side and saw Riley propped up on the edge of the bed, as his little warm hand softly caressing my puffy cheek. I held it tenderly, equally, kissing it in place of my morning greeting. "Annyeong, my Jero~..."

My voice ceded barely audible due to drowsiness considering I could still feel my eyes quiet dense. I blinked quite a few times and buoyed my elbows so I could sit anywise, but then I felt some weightiness on my tummy. I shifted my draggy gaze and found Lisa with her head pillowing my front as her arms draped around my waist. I could even feel her heart thumped in accordance with slow, shallow breaths. Serenity was plastered across her doll-like face as she slept. At total peace, perhaps, as it seemed that her consciousness swirled in the land of dreams, insensible to the physical world.