Chapter 24

๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) ᔆᵒʳʳᵞ

*****

*****

We had reached the hallway with time to spare after Jisoo-unnie brought me a set of new clothing from the waiting room where I had to inform her about Lisa's hospital release

We had reached the hallway with time to spare after Jisoo-unnie brought me a set of new clothing from the waiting room where I had to inform her about Lisa's hospital release. Thankfully, the other visitors were too engrossed with their own conversations to offer my newly dressed appearance more than a superficial glance—prompting Jisoo-unnie to usher me upstairs to the room where Lisa has been occupying. Jisoo-unnie spared me one last pinch on my cheek before she paced back in the waiting area. As I prodded myself back into Lisa's room, I perched the apparel bag on the edge of the couch and chanced a glance at Lisa's sleeping form. I just signed her released papers, and as soon as she woke up, I could fetch her back at our home. I shook my head as I approached her, keeping a small smile etched on my drained manner as I straightened her bangs and took hold of the seamless niceties of her form. My finger traced the contour of her left eyebrow as it smoothened down her cheek until it touched her lips.

Beautiful... and yet—by and by—so sadly fragile.

"Jennie-ssi?" Dr. Lee Jongsuk's voice echoed aloud as I struggled in my spot, biting back my appearing tears before I turned my attention towards him, sparsely nodding. Heedless of the energy-consuming and overall effortful duty of his day, the doctor's countenance continued unpretentious, and his offered optimistic beam was equal as an elder Oppa at his little dongsaeng. I felt my forlorn mood heartened a pinch better as I watched his expression beamed further. "I bet you're already exhausted?"

"I'm not one to deny, but... I can only rest and be more at peace when we're at confinements of our very own home—with her beside me all along."

I spent my spare seconds, sighing, and staring at Lisa under Dr. Lee's watchful eyes. As the seconds ticked, the tangled cluster thoughts inside my head grew even more rigid until my temples began to faintly throb as I gazed down at Lisa's gently wheezing state upon her suspended consciousness. How is it possible that I can feel this indescribable emotion in a few months for a person that I have hated for many years?