Chapter 2

CHAPTER TWO

I blinked, not really believing the words that fell from his unreasonable mouth. He got to be jesting with me. Surely, he can't possibly have a sprinkle of desire within him to want my bare body to be strolling around every corner and room of this house. This new evil-spirit-Elijah couldn't even look at me without vomiting with disgust. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me." He said flatly.

I rolled my eyes, a humorless chuckle escaped from me. "Yeah, I heard but it's a complete bullshit." I halted, suddenly rethinking my words and his. Maybe, this could be my weapon. He had emptied the house from any threatening objects. But he forgot his ultimate rival. Me. My naked body would be enough to protect me.

I raised my chin high, giving him a masked smile, preparing to test my hypnosis. Elijah narrowed his eyes at my abrupt silence but he quickly hid his confusion, his hands curled into two livid balls of fists.

"Well then, if you want me naked..." I slowly said, my fingers already fidgeting with the buttons of his dress shirt that I was still wearing, "...you shall have me naked."

With his lips set in a hard line, I continued to unbutton the shirt until finally I let the soft fabric slide down my arms and land as a pool around my feet. So, did my vulnerability. I've been naked around Elijah many times and yet at this moment, as a heavy and uncomfortable silence cocooned us, I felt like I was exposing myself to a complete stranger. All the strength I've gathered to face Elijah was nothing in comparison to the fact that baring myself to a complete stranger went against my usual character. But when my safety and protection was on the line, I was prepared to do the worst and put aside my humanity. Just like he did. Two can play the game.

His eyes didn't shimmer over my body. They stayed on my face, a scowl slowly painted on his lips. With a wicked smile on my face, I stepped forward until we were inches apart. He looked down at me, rage visible in his dilated ink black pupils almost waving off his autumn colored eyes. I tilted my head, my fingertips laid upon his toned stomach. If possible, Elijah's body froze, his nose flaming with fire. Oh, he was so pissed off. It was both perfect and hurtful.

He used to live for my touches.

Used to.

I eliminated the emotions and gazed down on my fingers. Parting my lips softly, I let my fingers climb above his skin like a sneaky spider as I followed the path I drew with my eyes. I felt every ripple, deep allies and hallows of his muscles, remembering how my kiss used to caress them and my tongue lick them. The memory caused my nipples to peak out inventively and I held my breath. I looked up at him under my eyelashes, licking my dry lips before I spoke. "Happy?"

To set him over the edge, I let my palms trace over his shoulders and down to his arms and stepped another inch forward until my naked breasts were pressed against his chest. His bones were stiff and tense. His demeanor was anything but welcoming. Yet, a tingling mixture of hot and cold went through the surface of my skin, causing my breathing to become soft and slow at the dangerous atmosphere I never experienced with Elijah. I couldn't quite decide if I liked it or loathed it. It only reminded me of what we used to have is absolutely gone.

But I saw what I wanted to see. Revulsion. Our hips were pressed together, enough to notice that his erection didn't grow with excitement. There was nothing; no lust, just hate. It triggered my weakness and sadness but I managed to reach out for my anger and stubbornness, which kept me grounded. He grasped my wrists with a rough and tight grip that made me wince, halting my fingers from tracing the map of his body. I was almost sure he stopped my blood from floating down my hands. His stare pierced holes in my head, as he spat. "You are nothing like her."